Microservices Platform Manager
- Development / Other Technologies - Direct Placement - Job ID: 23-03072
Title: Microservices Platform Manager
Location: Cleveland, OH (Hybrid)
Duration: Direct Hire
This role will also enable and support the platform for development by utilizing current processes, pipelines, and infrastructure, and it will manage and configure related applications, APIs, tools/systems, and usage standards for the platform's technologies and tools. It will be necessary to take the lead in developing new services. The manager will oversee a team that supports various initiatives, have a wide variety of technical knowledge, and provide consultative technical leadership across the business, including governance and oversight as well as strategic decision-making.
Bachelor's degree (or foreign equivalent) in a Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Technology field of study
Skillset / Experience:
- 10+ years IT experience
- 4+ years of supervisory experience and/or proven ability to lead teams.
- 4+ years of experience working with RESTful services, APIs, and/or microservices platforms.
- Experience with microservices architecture and microservices principles.
- Experience managing a team, assigning tasks, managing tasks, delegating of work duties, leading technical area of large-scale implementations.
- Experience with the design, implementation, deployment, automation, and support of web solutions in a primarily cloud-based environment.
- Strong platform/application product knowledge and ability to understand customer's needs.
- Proven experience effectively communicating to business domain stakeholders and technical staff.
- Experience translating business requirements into system configuration.
- Experience with providing guidance on configuration and development standards to improve consistency.
- Good understanding of DNS, load balancing, and networking concepts.
- Good understanding of Linux/Unix and command line tools.
Preferred Knowledge & Experience
- Experience with the Spring Boot microservices framework.
- Experience with service mesh platforms, such as Itsio or Linkerd.
- Experience with API gateways or API management platforms, such as Kong, Tyk, or Apigee.
- Experience with message broker/queueing/event streaming platforms such as Apache Kafka or RabbitMQ.
- Experience with CI/CD, automation in building, testing and deployment of applications, integration with QA automation.
- Experience automating processes to ensure secure, scalable, and repeatable work across software development and infrastructure.
- Experience in project management and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures.
- Experience designing, executing, and supporting enterprise IT solutions.
- Experience building, deploying, and/or managing containers and container orchestration.
- Exposure to release management and versioning for application builds & deployments.
- Exposure to application security technologies and approaches.
- Exposure to Application Performance Management systems (Dynatrace or similar).
- Exposure to serverless/functions-as-a-service platforms such as Apache OpenWhisk, AWS Lambda, or OpenFaaS.
- Exposure to GraphQL and servers that implement it, such as Express or Apollo.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
About INSPYR Solutions:
As a leading information technology partner, we connect top IT talent with our clients to provide innovative business solutions through our IT Staffing, Professional Services, and Infrastructure Solutions divisions. We understand and value the unique needs of highly-skilled information technology professionals in the industry and always strive to stay above the curve. Our company was founded on the following core values: Be the Best, Understand the Urgency, Never Ever Give Up, Have the Courage to Excel, and Make a Contribution. We take pride in our business model and strive to create a positive workplace environment through an exemplary culture.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.