Sr. Engineer – (13690878)
Onsite - Engineering - - Job ID: 23-03219
Title: Software Engineer
Location: Orlando, FL
Duration: 12 months
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
We are looking for someone who applies practical knowledge of development and engineering to conceive, design, develop, test, and implement software fixes, improvements, components, and/or new integration and applications of moderate to high complexity. This would be done using modern software development paradigms (e.g., CI/CD, agile, product, cloud). The right candidate will have experience with Supply Chain suites (Oracle Retail or Symphony Retail AI GOLD). The role provides technical guidance and acts as a point of escalation and technical expert.
- Is responsible for the design and development of software fixes, improvements, and/or new software systems and applications.
- For assigned work drives development of components through their work and that of the team on projects, major fixes using new or existing technologies
- Develops technical solutions that meet specifications and provide positive impact on future developments.
- Designs and develops specifications for assigned components, projects or fixes.
- Reviews and writes code that meets quality gates.
- Writes and performs unit and functional tests.
- Owns programming, testing and debugging of applications or fixes to existing applications.
- Creates protocols, documentation and tools for installation and maintenance.
- Participates in setting the architectural direction for software development projects.
- Designs specific components for assigned projects, developing specifications for each.
- 1 Designs, develops, creates and maintains technical components and templates.
- 1 Full stack developer, comfortable with front-end development, back-end development and integration between large scale ERP systems. Owns end-to-end troubleshooting.
- Interacts and coordinates work with other technical groups in the organization.
- Performs level 3 troubleshooting and review of issues.
- Serves as a high level technical resource and "go-to person for less experienced developers, providing technical guidance and oversight.
- Coordinates team members in finding root-cause of problems and issue resolution.
- Recommends improvements to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team.
- AngularJS (this is v1 of Angular) create from scratch new functionality; update existing angular code; perform code reviews; perform debugging of Angular to diagnose issues
- Oracle ability to create/update tables ability to create/update basic SQL queries
- Java ability to create from scratch/update web services code to call existing or new tables to retrieve information and return it in JSON format; perform code reviews; perform remote debugging
- Junit create/implement Junit test cases ensure coverage of new code being created; (duplicate) As referenced above ability to debug/diagnose issues within any layer of the application reviewing log files debugging to confirm/diagnose issues
- Spring framework experience (boot, batch, etc)
- UI/UX design experience
- Ability to take an idea from concept thru development process (e.g. think about where data needs to come from; can we leverage an existing web service call; or create new)
Seven years of progressively related experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and interfaces between Supply Chain ERP systems.
- Significant knowledge/experience in relevant technologies, such as:
- Java/Spring Batch
- PL/SQL development (Oracle DB)
- Development Tools (Eclipse, Git, CI/CD, Maven, Jenkins)
- JSON Messaging
- Web Services (SOAP & REST)
- Cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Software Performance Optimization (memory, CPU, scaling, etc…)
Soft Skills & Other Requirements
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, self-organized, delivers quality and capable of tracking multiple pieces of work simultaneously.
- Mentoring and guidance skills
- Ability to handle virtual teams and work with resources in multiple sites (onsite, offshore, near shore)
- Excellent time management skills
- Preferred Qualifications
- Nice to have: AWS experience
- Nice to have: Experience working with dockized applications
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive medical benefits
- Competitive pay, 401(k)
- Retirement plan
- …and much more!
About INSPYR Solutions:
As a leading information technology partner, we connect top IT talent with our clients to provide innovative business solutions through our IT Staffing, Professional Services, and Infrastructure Solutions divisions. We understand and value the unique needs of highly skilled information technology professionals in the industry and always strive to stay above the curve. Our company was founded on the following core values: Be the Best, Understand the Urgency, Never Ever Give Up, Have the Courage to Excel, and Make a Contribution. We take pride in our business model and strive to create a positive workplace environment through an exemplary culture.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.