Cloud Engineer, Sr. – Orange, CA
- Infrastructure - Direct Placement - Job ID: 23-03506
Title: Cloud Engineer, Sr
Location: Orange, CA – HYBRID
Compensation: $150,000 to $190,000/ yr
Full Time role
Cloud Engineer, Senior – Orange, CA – Full time role
*Relaxed Hybrid Model (2 days a week in office Tues and Thur required, 3 days work remotely)
If interested, please send your resume to Cindy Tran at CTran@inspyrsolutions.com!
The Cloud Engineer, Sr. will work independently and be responsible for the day-to-day design, development and operations of our Client’s cloud platform (Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Office 365, Active Directory and additional services). The incumbent will be an experienced engineer who has the capability to embrace and expand the existing cloud architecture and will serve as the subject matter expert. The incumbent will lead large sized and complex projects by planning, developing, testing and implementing new projects. The incumbent will provide expertise as workloads are transitioned to the cloud while ensuring minimal business disruptions. The incumbent will be responsible for extensive coordination with respective internal support, engineering teams and various external partners and vendors on multiple projects and initiatives. Lastly, the incumbent will need to perform other duties as assigned by the Manager of Information Technology Services (ITS) that may be outside of his/her technical area of expertise.
- Participates in a mission-driven culture of high-quality performance, with a member focus on customer service, consistency, dignity and accountability.
- Assists the team in carrying out department responsibilities and collaborates with others to support short- and long-term goals/priorities for the department.
- Designs, develops and deploys cloud-based systems and services, in collaboration with Architects and in accordance with best practices and strategic direction.
- Leads and optimizes cloud infrastructure initiatives and assists other departments with moving their workloads to the cloud.
- Leads large sized and complex projects including but not limited to planning, developing, testing and implementing new projects.
- Mentors and supports other Cloud Engineers with complex cloud infrastructure issues.
- Provides input on technical architecture and direction for the cloud environments.
- Compiles and updates cloud reference architecture as well as provides support for Microsoft Azure, Office 365, SaaS, PaaS and IaaS Integrations, along with other cloud services.
- Provides insight on cloud technologies (modules, applications, hardware and new software) and presents solutions to senior leadership.
- Ensures efficient performance and utilization of cloud services (compute, storage and network).
- Works closely with and advises Information Security on cloud vulnerabilities and threats by identifying, analyzing and resolving infrastructure vulnerabilities and application deployment issues.
- Advises other Cloud Engineers with administering Active Directory, Exchange, Group Policy, Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) and certificates.
- Works closely with the ITS Application team on service performance by migrating workloads to Microsoft Azure and automating tasks using Microsoft PowerShell, Python, etc.
- Installs and configures traditional servers, storage and associated equipment.
- Responds to updates and closes complex service desk tickets generated by internal business partners.
- Works closely with the ITS team by reviewing legacy systems and provides recommendations for improvements.
- Monitors network/system performance by identifying system and network events, security and environmental alarms.
- Develops, implements and testis data contingency/disaster recovery planning.
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned. .
Experience & Education
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Technology, or a related field required.
- 8+ years of experience working with Microsoft Azure, Microsoft 365, Windows Servers and Active Directory (AD) required.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure AD integrations required.
- Cloud-based certification (Microsoft Azure, AWS, or GCP) required.
- Experience in a multi-cloud or hybrid cloud environment required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the position such as those listed above is also qualifying.
- Experience with ITIL Foundations or relevant best-practice framework.
About INSPYR Solutions:
As a leading information technology partner, we connect top IT talent with our clients to provide innovative business solutions through our IT Staffing, Professional Services, and Infrastructure Solutions divisions. We understand and value the unique needs of highly-skilled information technology professionals in the industry and always strive to stay above the curve. Our company was founded on the following core values: Be the Best, Understand the Urgency, Never Ever Give Up, Have the Courage to Excel, and Make a Contribution. We take pride in our business model and strive to create a positive workplace environment through an exemplary culture.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.