Director of Manufacturing
Onsite - Executive / Leadership - Direct Placement - Job ID: 23-03589
Location: Beloit, WI (must be able to work onsite 5 days/week)
Hire Type: Direct Hire
Compensation: $135,000 Base Salary + Bonus (20% Target) + Benefits
Reports To: COO
The Director of Manufacturing will oversee the performance of the Manufacturing Division including Condiment Blending, Engineering, Inventory Control, and Purchasing Departments. This person will ensure the effective and efficient use of our facilities and staff.
• Reviews and approves production, including cost reports, cost estimates, manpower, forecasts, facility requirements, output schedules, budget spending, labor efficiency and effectiveness.
• Reviews performance against operating plans and standards. Provides documented information to direct reports on interpretation of results and approves changes in direction of plans. Presents monthly performance reports to upper management team.
• Works with VP of Finance and COO to develop operating budget.
• Organizes departmental management structure and teams for optimal, efficient operation that supports the organizational plans.
• Identify, recommend, and implement changes to improve overall efficiency, productivity and reduce cost and scrap. Direct the establishment, implementation, and maintenance of production standards.
• Initiate and coordinate major projects (i.e., plant layout changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.)
• Ensures a healthy and safe working environment including compliance with federal and state regulations.
• Plays a role in the formulation of company policies and goals directly related to company growth. Consults with all segments of management responsible for policy or action. Ensures compliance and safety within areas of responsibility. Makes recommendations for improving effectiveness of policies and procedures.
• Defines and recommends objectives in each area of need. Develops specific short-term and long-term plans and programs, together with supporting budget requests and financial estimates.
• Coordinates and collaborates with other departments of the Company in establishing and carrying out responsibilities.
• Develops plans for new areas of technology for the Manufacturing functions along with sufficient planning for areas that support the mission of the Company.
• Establishes objectives and procedures governing the performance of assigned activities. Issues specific annual objectives to immediate direct reports and reviews objectives of the Operations management.
• Selects and maintains qualified personnel in all positions reporting directly and recommends compensation.
• Directs, monitors, and appraises the performance of the manufacturing team. Identifies training needs, initiates development of subordinates, and recommends effective personnel action.
• Maintains appropriate communications within area of responsibility. Keeps employees informed as to Company Plans, Department Plans and progress.
• Provides orientation and on-the-job training for subordinates and ensures that the duties, authority, and responsibility for each position are defined and understood.
• Assists other managers, when assigned, in projects outside the scope of direct functional responsibility.
• Develop and execute a yearly business plan to reach the business objectives related to the Manufacturing Department including all direct reports.
Bachelor's degree in manufacturing, Industrial Engineering, or other related education plus at least 5 years' experience as Plant Manager or a minimum of 10 years or other related manufacturing experience in a manufacturing company with responsibilities of producing, inventory control, production control as well as shipping, receiving, and warehousing. Proven ability to train and motivate personnel to balance staffing strength with profitability and growth. Sound administrative skills, well-developed management skills and interpersonal skills. Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
• Must be able to lift/carry 45 lbs. without assistance.
• Must be able to sit and/or stand for up to 4 hours at a time.
• Must be able to bend, squat, reach, push, pull, climb, and walk.
• Must be able to quickly traverse manufacturing areas and alternative meeting spaces.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.