Newport Beach, CA
Onsite - Compliance / Audit - Contract - Job ID: 23-03681
Title: Compliance Associate
Location: On Site in either Austin TX or Newport Beach, CA
Duration: 6+ month contract
Compensation: $50-53/hr. W2
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
Qualified candidates may send a copy of their resume to Marogt Parsons at MParsons@inspyrsolutions.com.
The individual will be responsible for providing direct support to the firm's broker-dealer regulatory compliance program in the following areas, among others: financial intermediary due diligence, conflict of interest reviews, recordkeeping management; licensing and registration activities of registered representatives; surveillance of electronic communications; compliance training; branch office inspections; compliance monitoring and testing related to compliance program requirements, support policies & procedure development, as well as special projects.
A successful candidate will also be expected to maintain a general understanding of global compliance policies, specific regulatory requirements and their relevance to particular aspects of client's business, related compliance monitoring procedures and documentation protocols.
- Execute initial and on-going due diligence for financial intermediaries
- Conduct compliance monitoring reviews related to potential conflicts of interest
- Monitor registered representatives and associate person activities in consideration of FINRA and NFA licensing and registration requirements
- Conduct surveillance of electronic communications of FINRA registered representatives
- Support the development and implementation of compliance policies and procedures
- Perform annual compliance program reviews and testing of broker-dealer controls
- Conduct annual inspections of the firm's OSJs and branch offices
- Assist the Legal and Compliance department with on-going initiatives as needed
- Work experience in the financial services/asset management industry is required, applicable legal and compliance experience is preferred
- An undergraduate degree is required, graduate degree or Juris Doctorate preferred
- FINRA Series 7 and 24 registrations required, or must be obtained within six months of hire
- Understanding of conflicts of interest and how they can affect clients business
- General knowledge of regulatory requirements applicable to U.S. broker-dealers
- Ability to interact with colleagues of all levels and clearly understand complex concepts is required
- Knowledge of the following is preferred: compliance programs, policies and requirements, and broker-dealer regulatory requirements
- Strong background in utilizing Microsoft software suite, with a focus on Excel, including formulas (e.g., vlookup, etc.) and pivot tables
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.