Performance Engineering Manager
- Quality Assurance / Testing - Right to Hire - Job ID: 23-03704
Title: Performance Engineering Manager
Location: onsite -Miramar, FL
Contract to hire
Compensation: 55.00- 60.00 per hour
Work Requirements: US Citizens, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
- You will lead a global team of experts who are responsible for making Platform products performant, scalable, and reliable.
- You will be responsible for providing performance insights and identifying optimization opportunities to product stakeholders, triage production performance bottlenecks, and identifying and fixing performance issues while working with all engineering teams.
- Work with all product development teams, DevOps, and SRE to design and develop performance plans to uncover performance problems, and performance analysis tools to allow dev teams to gain further insight into production behavior.
- You will help foster the engineering culture of owning performance, so every engineer knows that their code is comprehensively tested in an autonomous fashion as they deploy to each environment.
- You will manage a team of world-class, highly motivated performance engineers and will be expected to both challenge and be challenged.
- In order to effectively manage this team, you will need exceptional leadership skills, familiarity with performance tools such as Loadrunner and Jmeter, proficiency with agile development methodologies, and the ability to operate within short release cycles.
- 10-14+ years of Performance Engineering Manager experience
- Own end-to-end performance coverage and identify bottlenecks and work with the Engineering teams to address issues.
- Daily management of objectives, priorities, risk as well as performance management of all staff reporting to you.
- Provide technical leadership, career development, and mentoring to team members.
- Work efficiently with teams at other geo locations (India, Philippines).
- Provide estimation of projects working with technical leadership.
- Allocation, Assign, and capture the team’s roles and responsibilities.
- You design and develop more complex tests and non-functional tests.
- Work with counterparts in the QA and Developer Productivity organizations to build tooling that serves the needs of all teams.
- Create and curate dashboards to allow for comparative metrics across product builds.
- Unparalleled troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Experience managing software engineering teams.
- Ability to motivate people, instill accountability and achieve results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, organizational aptitude, and time management skills.
- Agile, proactive, comfortable working with ambiguous specifications, and can prioritize on the fly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as exemplified by clear bug/issue explanations, documentation of knowledge, mentoring ability, and comfort interacting with all levels of management.
- The courage to pull the emergency brake on releases that will negatively affect our customers and reputation.
- You perform many of the roles required of a software testing project, through which you acquire a full testing lifecycle experience.
- You act as a stream leader with technical delivery ownership within a limited number of technology areas.
- You contribute to bid, or review client proposals based on your technological expertise.
- You have delivery ownership and guide individuals and groups toward desired outcomes.
- Should be proficient in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Testing, Software Engineering, Architecture Knowledge, Technical Solution Design, Monitoring Solutions and Quality Management.
- Setting up the required test data to use during performance testing.
- Creating and customizing the performance test scripts based on pre-defined test cases.
- Hands-on experience in building test scripts for a variety of technologies such as Web, Angular, Services, SPA, GUI, SAP, SQL, Db2, Kubernetes, Couch, IAM, IaaS, Oracle, Mobile, Cloud.
- Hands-on experience on wide set of industry standard tools such as LoadRunner, JMeter, Charles Proxy, Selenium
- Knowledge to collate and define the overall performance test plan for sign-off from project team.
- Designing test scenarios
- Hands-on experience to design any required scenario in available performance tools to meet project needs Validating the environment design.
- Ensuring the performance test environment is ready for multiple user load, stress, scalability, etc tests
- Setting up the required monitoring
- Extensive hands-on experience in setting up application and infrastructure monitoring using either APM tools or Devops setup through automated scripts.
- Executing various performance test scenarios to provide recommendations to improve end user performance.
Our benefits package includes: (EXCLUDE on perm placements)
- Comprehensive medical benefits
- Competitive pay, 401(k)
- Retirement plan
- …and much more!
About INSPYR Solutions:
As a leading information technology partner, we connect top IT talent with our clients to provide innovative business solutions through our IT Staffing, Professional Services, and Infrastructure Solutions divisions. We understand and value the unique needs of highly-skilled information technology professionals in the industry and always strive to stay above the curve. Our company was founded on the following core values: Be the Best, Understand the Urgency, Never Ever Give Up, Have the Courage to Excel, and Make a Contribution. We take pride in our business model and strive to create a positive workplace environment through an exemplary culture.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.