Scrum Master-Application Implementation
Onsite - Project / Program / Change Management - Contract - Job ID: 23-03705
Title: Scrum Master Application Development
Location: Hybrid Capacity (3 days onsite) candidates should be local to hubs in: Minneapolis, Atlanta, San Francisco, Cincinnati, Chicago, New York, Irving, Charlotte
Duration: 6+ months, possibility for extension or conversion
Rate: 65-70/hr on W-2
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holder, or Authorized to work in the US
Work hours: 8 hour workday is typical (need flexibility to work across time zones such as covering 8AM to 4PM Central time
Qualified Candidates please send Resumes directly to Jenna Hinkle at email@example.com.
- Hands on Agile Methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, Lean), Facilitating Software Development teams in enterprise environment, Communication and Collaboration skills.
- The organization is on an agile, product and digital transformation journey and as a Scrum Master, you will be guiding multiple agile teams through their journey and help drive agile transformation across products and lines of business.
- As a Scrum Master, you will act as a leader and on-team coach for multiple scrum teams. We have multiple opportunities open at various levels based on experience
- . We are looking for a dynamic, collaborative personality that can champion the cause of the agile movement within the organization.
- You are passionate about leading change, helping shift mindset and influence culture change.
- You will play a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious objectives and work closely with partners across product teams to design innovative solutions and balance challenging priorities and demands.
- Embrace the agile mindset, advocate and champion agile across the Technology organization by challenging, coaching, and guiding teams using agile and lean principles
- Provide creative solutions to agile transformation issues: resistance to change, limited resources, conflicting priorities, lack of accountability
- Ability to utilize agile methods in a flexible manner that often includes traditional project management which can include hard deadlines/fixed dates at times
- Understand the various agile frameworks, events and artifacts (i.e. scrum, Kanban), where they are fit for purpose and how to implement/apply with new and existing teams
- Manage and facilitate team ceremonies including quarterly product planning, product owner syncs, backlog grooming, estimating and sizing efforts, release planning, sprint planning, standups and retrospectives.
- Facilitate and coach to draft, track progress and continuously improve on Objective and Key Results (OKRs)
- Coach teams and leaders in agile principles and practices, roles and responsibilities, and frameworks
- Foster a continuous improvement environment in order to build high-performing, agile teams
- Track and report on metrics for teams to measure progress, effectiveness of agile adoption, and agile maturity of the teams
- Guide product management teams in their role, defining MVP's, developing product charters, product community maps, product roadmaps and release plans, story mapping, writing stories and backlog prioritization and management
- Train and mentor other scrum masters on the role of the scrum master and build communities of practice for scrum masters to share, learn and grow
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Three or more years of experience in Agile technology delivery
- Five or more years of experience in Software Delivery Life Cycle (SDLC) teams
- Three or more years of experience as a Scrum Master
- Strong knowledge of Agile values, principles and practices and capacity to understand specific needs or requirements to apply skills/knowledge
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification a plus
- Experience as a Scrum Master managing multiple teams simultaneously
- Knowledge of scrum, Kanban, Lean, XP, and other Agile frameworks Comfort with agile tools such as JIRA, Confluence, MURAL
- Experience with distributed teams, in multiple time zones
- Demonstrated ability to partner and communicate effectively with non-technical team members, resolving contending or contradictory objectives, and unifying disparate ideas into a homogenized solution
- Possess the ability to influence others, implement change, and standardize processes in a complex business environment
- A passion for mentoring and growing the potential of others
- Great teammate – should be ready to go beyond to help the immediate team and do not be averse to not shy away from asking for help if needed.
- Eagerness to learn new technologies and bring new ideas to the table
- Demonstrated growth mindset
- Positive attitude and ability to inspire the team toward continuous improvement
- Experience with outcomes-based planning and delivery (i.e., OKR)
- Ability to partner with Product, Tech, UX and Data disciplines
- Experience with Design Sprints and/or Product Discovery tactics
- Direct experience with big room planning and cross-team coordination
- Understanding of basic fundamentals of iterative and incremental development
- Experience successfully delivering solutions on an aggressive schedule
- Can estimate and solve basic business problems without explicit direction
- Creative, flexible, and willing to continuously change, evolve, and improve software development processes
- Demonstrated program-level collaboration and system architecture understanding
- Strong communication, collaboration, leadership, conflict resolution, budgeting and time management skills
- Experience in business analysis, product management or product development
About INSPYR Solutions:
As a leading information technology partner, we connect top IT talent with our clients to provide innovative business solutions through our IT Staffing, Professional Services, and Infrastructure Solutions divisions. We understand and value the unique needs of highly-skilled information technology professionals in the industry and always strive to stay above the curve. Our company was founded on the following core values: Be the Best, Understand the Urgency, Never Ever Give Up, Have the Courage to Excel, and Make a Contribution. We take pride in our business model and strive to create a positive workplace environment through an exemplary culture.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.