Full Remote - HR / Sales - Contract - Job ID: 23-03706
Job Title: Leave Specialist
Duration: 6/12/2023 – 5/31/2024
Work Requirements: GC holder, US Citizen, or authorized to work in the US
Leave Specialist provides expert advice on leave regulations and UKG policies to USA employees and leaders. The primary duty is to assure exceptional service is rendered by Unum in line with "Our Purpose is People” culture, leave regulations and UKG paid leave policies. Strong organizational skills as well as responsiveness are critical to success in this role as there is frequent communication necessary with employees, managers and other internal partners. Additional responsibilities include indexing documents (filing).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide service to employees that may require guidance on UKG policies and leave administration while being mindful of their privacy and serious conditions
- Support UKG leadership and HR for proper understanding of leave administration as required
- Acts as a resource for other team members, HR Consultants and HR Business Partners in all areas of leave administration
- Works independently on daily work and receives only general direction on new assignments
- Partner closely with Unum Leave Administration to assure leave and pay details for each employee are accurate
- Ensure all leave designations are following federal, state and local laws as well as company policies
- Administer and maintain internal leave of absence communications (tracker)
- Administer personal leaves of absence
- Support Leave Administration Manager on certain projects
- Monitor and coordinate paid and unpaid time to verify Unum processing is accurate
- Coordinate benefit termination on Long Term Disability cases
- 5+ years of experience with multi state leave administration with preference for CA, FL and MA experience.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
- Able to work both independently and as a part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- Work in an extremely creative and fast-paced environment.
- Able to meet deadlines while juggling multiple projects/tasks; Effective multitasker.
- Display professionalism with all employees and vendors.
- Able to showcase attention to detail and work under pressure.
- 5+ years of experience administering leave cases (STD/LTD/FMLA) strongly preferred
- Current knowledge of employment laws as they pertain to: IRS Code Section 125 regulations, ERISA, FMLA & state specific leave laws/acts, HIPAA, FLSA, ADA, workers' compensation, OSHA, EEOC and COBRA
- Proficiency in Windows based applications, including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience utilizing benefit administration software preferred
Skillset / Experience:
Looking for atleast 5+ years of leave administration, state leave experience needed,
Our benefits package includes: (EXCLUDE on perm placements)
- Comprehensive medical benefits
- Competitive pay, 401(k)
- Retirement plan
- …and much more!
About INSPYR Solutions:
As a leading information technology partner, we connect top IT talent with our clients to provide innovative business solutions through our IT Staffing, Professional Services, and Infrastructure Solutions divisions. We understand and value the unique needs of highly-skilled information technology professionals in the industry and always strive to stay above the curve. Our company was founded on the following core values: Be the Best, Understand the Urgency, Never Ever Give Up, Have the Courage to Excel, and Make a Contribution. We take pride in our business model and strive to create a positive workplace environment through an exemplary culture.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.