Strategic Sourcing Specialist
Onsite - Procurement / Supply Chain - Contract - Job ID: 23-03712
Title: Strategic Sourcing Specialist
Location: Houston, TX
Duration: 6+ month contract
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
The Strategic Sourcing Sr. Analyst or Analyst will be responsible for developing accurate and detailed sourcing analysis in support of strategies to procure goods and services that deliver "best value" (meet required quality and service levels, at the lowest total cost in the market) results. This role develops Sourcing strategies with a focus on higher level, strategic thought processes and activities involving long range planning, forecasting, and support of complex contract negotiations for critical, high spend categories. Interacts with regions to maximize opportunities and ensure agreement and buy-in of operations. Must have analytical and problem solving skills as well as the ability to work in a team-based environment and drive project schedules.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- 1. Follow the company's strategic sourcing process and produce high-quality deliverables in support of the Strategic Sourcing Manager, Key Stakeholders and Category Leads.
- 2. Create robust supply market analysis and detailed should cost models to uncover cost reduction opportunities and support execution of strategic sourcing events.
- 3. Keep abreast of leading sourcing practices and tools within the broader field of Supply Chain Management and apply as part of company's sourcing events.
- 4. In consultation with Strategic Sourcing Manager, Category Leads, and key Stakeholders, identify sources of supply market intelligence and advocate for on-going access to market reports.
- 5. Manage the competitive bidding process as part of strategic sourcing events, including supplier communications.
- 6. Oversee and construct comprehensive bid evaluation models incorporating pre-determined criteria and weightings, discounted cash flow analysis and input from Key Stakeholders.
- 7. Develop negotiation strategies by identifying and quantifying gives, takes and best alternatives.
- 8. Interacts with client business units to ensure understanding and ownership is achieved on all commercial and project-based sourcing initiatives.
- 9. Coordinate the preparation and execution of commercial agreements in a manner that ensures proper definition of the business relationship allocating / mitigating risk between Apache and the supplier. Ensure compliance with related company policies and procedures.
- 10. Interact with business units to ensure understanding and ownership is achieved on all initiatives. Maintain valuable internal and external stakeholder relationships.
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors degree in Supply Chain Management or relevant Business / Technical discipline.
- 3-6 years of strategic sourcing or general Supply Chain experience.
- Working knowledge of strategic sourcing processes and tools.
- Working knowledge evaluation modeling experience including cost/benefit and present value analysis.
- In-depth Excel knowledge and experience.
- Upstream Oil & Gas experience with specific planning and supply chain activities related to drilling, completion or production is preferred.
- Experience with SAP Ariba related to sourcing and contracts is recommended
PRIMARY PERFORMANCE & LEADERSHIP ATTRIBUTES/COMPETENCIES:
- A self-starter; able to excel with limited supervision
- Results oriented
- Strong analytical skills
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple activities and changing priorities
- Ability to understand technical & operational requirements
- Proven track record applying complex strategic sourcing techniques, including bid analysis and negotiation strategy development
- Travel Required up to 25%
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive medical benefits
- Competitive pay, 401(k)
- Retirement plan
- …and much more!
About INSPYR Solutions:
TekPartners and Genuent are becoming INSPYR Solutions. As a leading information technology partner, we connect top IT talent with our clients to provide innovative business solutions through our IT Staffing, Professional Services, and Infrastructure Solutions divisions. We understand and value the unique needs of highly-skilled information technology professionals in the industry and always strive to stay above the curve. Our company was founded on the following core values: Be the Best, Understand the Urgency, Never Ever Give Up, Have the Courage to Excel, and Make a Contribution. We take pride in our business model and strive to create a positive workplace environment through an exemplary culture.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.