Travel Construction Superintendent
Onsite - Cable / Fiber / AV Install Technician - Direct Placement - Job ID: 23-02584
Title: Travel Construction Superintendent
Location: East Coast
Duration: Full Time
Compensation: $75,000 – $90,000 DOE
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
A Construction Superintendent is responsible for implementing the pre-construction, construction, commissioning, and project closeout phases of commercial solar field installation and commercial rooftop projects with an emphasis on establishing and maintaining project controls and completing projects in a timely and cost-effective manner. The Construction Superintendent must have demonstrated skills negotiating, coordinating, and directing work of subcontractors and employees on site, and in developing strong working relationships with employees, general contractor personnel, subcontractors, and other related parties.
Other requirements include, but are not limited to, the ability to organize and manage solar projects effectively, to manage cost control systems, review and analyze plans, facilitate the bidding/negotiations/buyout process with a general contractor, review all forms of requests for information (RFI’s), examine and negotiate change orders, and review and comment on submittals. The successful candidate must be highly skilled in budgeting and scheduling with strong verbal and writing skills.
- Provide detailed constructability reviews of solar project documents; make recommendations accordingly.
- Advise, consult, lead and provide feedback on the development of construction procurement documents, including plans, and construction phase consulting services.
- Participate in and/or lead project evaluation and consultant selection for applicable procurements.
- Manage day-to-day work on projects in solar construction phases; coordinate and make recommendations regarding status of work.
- Provide regular detailed reporting/metrics on existing projects, resources allocation, project status completion statistics, any variances to plan and forecasting of future needs.
- Review and monitor project work to ensure that progress is within expected guidelines and is completed on time and within budget.
- Review and provide recommendations on potential Change Orders on projects and process per contractual requirements, providing detailed analysis of impacts to the company budget and schedule.
- Regularly review project schedules, analyze and monitor construction progress to determine impacts to schedule and provide feedback to the Sr. Project Manager and VP, Operations.
- Complete any other job-related duties as assigned.
- Education: Undergraduate University degree or higher in Construction Management, Project Management Civil Engineering, or equivalent is preferred. Other relevant education, training or work experience may substitute for bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of construction management experience is required, with at least 1 year in the solar industry.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with internal and external resources, and stakeholders.
- Self-directed and able to function with ease as part of a team.
- Technically astute and strategic in thinking.
- Strong interpersonal skills along with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to focus on details as required and have the ability to work well within a deadline driven environment.
- Proven organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Proficient in MS Word, Outlook, Excel and Microsoft Office tools, and some knowledge of applicable project management software.
- Stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Use arms and hands to reach for, handle or manipulate objects.
- Lift and carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds; occasionally lift items weighing more than 50 pounds with assistance.
- Climb up and down ladders, scaffolds, and other objects.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
- See well (naturally or with correction).
- Eye-hand coordination.
- Good physical fitness.
- Good sense of balance.
- Uses personal computer approximately 4-5 hours per day.
About INSPYR Solutions:
As a leading information technology partner, we connect top IT talent with our clients to provide innovative business solutions through our IT Staffing, Professional Services, and Infrastructure Solutions divisions. We understand and value the unique needs of highly-skilled information technology professionals in the industry and always strive to stay above the curve. Our company was founded on the following core values: Be the Best, Understand the Urgency, Never Ever Give Up, Have the Courage to Excel, and Make a Contribution. We take pride in our business model and strive to create a positive workplace environment through an exemplary culture.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.