Coral Gables, FL
Onsite - Engineering - Direct Placement - Job ID: 23-03047
Title: Avionics Engineer
Location: Miami, FL – on-site
Duration: Direct Hire
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in installing and servicing avionics communications equipment.
• Ensure that newly installed systems and those that have been repaired meet requirements mandated by the Federal Aviation Administration and specifications set by aircraft manufacturers
• Participate in designing, purchasing, testing and calibrating avionic systems such as computer and electronic communication panels.
• Perform equally well independently or as part of a multi-disciplined team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Responsible for mission avionics systems integration and performance.
• Creating, maintaining and updating related technical documentation.
• Provide analysis and expertise during repair and/or modification efforts.
• Perform suitability analysis of potential spare and replacement parts.
• Evaluate and provide source qualification recommendations.
• Participate as a key member of airworthiness work groups.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in aviation engineering, aerospace engineering or electrical engineering from an accredited college or university.
• FAA Certification
• 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
• 1 to 3 years supervisory experience required.
Skills and Abilities:
• Extensive knowledge of department processes.
• Must be able to multi-task.
• Must be efficient with a desire to succeed.
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Must exhibit a high level of confidentiality with work product.
• Requires prolonged periods of sitting at desk.
• Must be able to use hands and arms for repetitive movements, such as movement of wrists, hands, fingers while typing.
• May occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 10lbs. (standard for office roles)
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.