Cisco Network Administrator Sr – Contract to Hire – Fairfield, CA (Solano County)
Onsite - Infrastructure / Network / Systems - Right to Hire - Job ID: 23-03819
Title: Cisco Network Administrator Sr
Location: Fairfield, CA.
Duration: 6 month Contract to Hire
Compensation: $45-60/hr W2 contract
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
Contact:Terence Sanchez TSanchez@inspyrsolutions.com
Job Description: (100% on site work)
Working alongside the Network Operations Manager and others this position will be responsible for the day-to-day operational responsibilities for supporting and securing the network infrastructure using mainly Cisco products but also including other 3 rd party security tools and appliances.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experience with newer Cisco switches and routers
- Demonstrated knowledge of Cisco wireless (Meraki)
- Working knowledge of SD_WAN
- Creating and implementing scalable CISCO based networks according to client specifications
- Participate in the problem investigation of connectivity incidents related to network devices, provide recommendations to improve reliability and availability, or reduce recovery time
- Configure and maintain security appliances
- Be able to leverage network management tools in the identification and response to security incidents and faults.
- Applying network security upgrades on a consistent and timely basis
- Ability to manage critical situations and maintain positive relationships with colleagues and clients
- Experience with Packet capturing and protocol analysis (TCP, UDP, ICMP, packet dissection)
- Providing team with expertise in development, use and operation of network/communication tools
- Analysis of network impacts based on new adds and changes
- Maintaining network topology diagrams and documentation
- Managing all stages in life cycle of network/communications hardware/software including design, testing, maintenance, upgrades
- Interact with operations and peer groups for problem coordination, escalation, resolution and reporting
- Develop and maintain comprehensive system documentation
- Work with department members and interface with resources from other groups
- Providing support for the planning, installation and customization of networking and related products
- Experience with "cloud services such as IAAS, SAAS and Azure
- Assist with security compliance audits to verify completeness of required configurations and verify system hardening
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Skillset / Experience:
- We really need someone who has been working almost exclusively with Cisco networking the last 2-5 years.
- This position is very hands-on especially for the foreseeable future as we are upgrading the network across the client so someone who is comfortable configuring and installing routers, switches and like is the ideal candidate.
- Must have at least a CCNA Certification.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar position and/or any combination of education and experience that clearly demonstrates the ability to perform the job duties of the position.
- At least one of the following certifications: CCNA, CCNP, COMPTIA Network
- Be successful in this position you should be meticulous and detail-oriented, with excellent technical networking skills.
- Ideal candidates will have a thorough working knowledge of Cisco IOS and hardware, including experience in configuring and managing security appliances. High attention to detail.
- 3 – 5 years of Cisco Switches.
- Cisco Wireless
- Cisco Route and Switch
* CCNP certified
* Cisco Switches 9200 and 9300
* Cisco Wireless, Meraki
About INSPYR Solutions:
As a leading information technology partner, we connect top IT talent with our clients to provide innovative business solutions through our IT Staffing, Professional Services, and Infrastructure Solutions divisions. We understand and value the unique needs of highly-skilled information technology professionals in the industry and always strive to stay above the curve. Our company was founded on the following core values: Be the Best, Understand the Urgency, Never Ever Give Up, Have the Courage to Excel, and Make a Contribution. We take pride in our business model and strive to create a positive workplace environment through an exemplary culture.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.