Onsite - DevOps - Direct Placement - Job ID: 23-61527
Location: Downtown Houston, TX (onsite)
Duration: Direct Hire
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders, or Authorized to Work in the US. Candidates represented by sub-vendors will not be considered for this position.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will work effectively under minimal supervision, maintain ownership of specific systems areas and business users, participate in all relevant change management activities, and overall service delivery and customer satisfaction.
- As DevOps (development operations) team member, defines or refines continuous integration (triggered build, deploy, test) processes and tooling to improve development team efficiency and report the status of build quality by running unit, integration, and QA tests early and often.
- Prepares environments for development, testing, pre-release (user acceptance testing), and PSR (performance, scalability, and reliability) analysis. Leverages automated approaches, scripting, and technologies/tooling to ensure environments are stable, production-like, and available for development teams.
- Develops and publishes "cookbooks” for pre-release and production environments, including server configurations, networking, and deployment processes (new, upgrades, and urgent maintenance), and disaster recovery processes.
- Defines, manages, and publishes build reliability and test coverage metrics. Addresses issues with reliability caused by build process failures with vigor.
- Monitors application reliability/deployment or configuration issues during or after release deployments. Triage issues and work with the development team to expedite fixes; improve processes and tooling accordingly.
- Works with product and release managers to plan for and ensure that external facing environments are ready for User Acceptance Testing and Production Release.
- Ensures that post-production monitoring and support systems are in place.
- Controls access to external and internal sensitive systems.
- Performs regular maintenance activities, including password maintenance, infrastructure upgrades, and configuration changes.
- For operational support, participates in on-call rotation, supporting team members outside of business hours.
- Responsible for updating configuration management tools, code, and modules to streamline implementation and supportability.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year accredited university in Computer Science, CIS/MIS, or equivalent experience
- 5 – 8 years of experience with DevOps and release management practices for enterprise teams
- Must have strong experience implementing Docker Containers and Kubernetes.
- Maintain and modify existing PowerShell code.
- Execute production deployments.
- Must have experience with Elasticsearch, Mongo, Redis, and Kafka
- Experience planning, implementing, and maintaining deployment processes for large enterprise multi-tier distributed applications, including experience with IIS, messaging systems, and databases.
- Experience planning for and testing high-availability applications.
- Experience creating software deployment strategies, allowing DevOps engineers to deploy sites and software in any environment.
- Experience implementing and managing automated test coverage reporting, including unit and integration and functional QA tests.
- 5 to 8 years of experience scripting deployments, and environment management processes, with a focus on Windows PowerShell.
- Experience with Windows DSC (desired state configuration), including pull and push techniques.
- General Solid IT application and networking knowledge, including load balancing, networking, active directory, .NET applications, messaging middleware, and virtualization technologies such as VMWare vSphere.
- Medium SQL experience, ability to create complex queries to analyze data, backup and restore data, and model and create or alter data as needed to support testing scenarios.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, able to convey complex ideas verbally and in writing face means, to work with developers, DBAs, and business analysts to drive quality and ensure that we are efficiently building and releasing software applications.
- Strong stance for quality, able to convey details of impact and exposure of software quality issues to development teams and leaders.
- Development background with 2+ years of programming or test automation development experience.
- Experience working/communicating with global teams.
- Communicates and collaborates effectively with management, peers, and team members.
- Perform similar duties and duties as delegated by the Head of DevOps, Director of IT Operations, or the Employer. Ability to lead and manage critical paths, and high-priority initiatives.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.