IT Project Manager
Onsite - Project / Program / Change Management - Direct Placement - Job ID: 23-61821
Title: IT PM
Location: Washington, DC
Duration: Perm role
Work Requirements: US Citizen only
- The IT Project Manager is part of the IT Program Management Office (PMO) that leads project execution and establishes delivery standards, process, tools, and reporting for the IT organization. The IT PMO upholds and influences gold-standard project execution by instituting discipline around intake & demand management, resource & capacity management, project & program management, and management reporting, in partnership with other Solution Delivery leads
- In addition to supporting the continuous improvement of PMO standards, the IT Project Manager plans, organizes, and implements the Firm's technology-related projects and oversees all aspects of the project lifecycle. This role closely partners with IT and cross-functional stakeholders of all levels on project execution, responsible for managing project scope, budget, staffing (internal / third-party), and contractual deliverables to deliver against defined objectives and strategic priorities.
- Define project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Determine and assess the need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments, if necessary, during the project cycle.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Conduct project postmortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Direct and manage project development from initiation to closure.
Skillset / Experience:
- College degree strongly preferred, ideally in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Finance, or a related field.
- Appropriate technical certification(s) are preferred (e.g., PMP, CSM, PMI-ACP).
- 5+ years of relevant experience, ideally in a large Law Firm setting, a comparable professional services organization, or a legal information services provider.
- Demonstrated experience with project and program management disciplines, methodologies, and processes.
- Demonstrated experience managing complex technology projects and programs with multiple cross-functional stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience with project and portfolio management tools and solutions (e.g., Smartsheet, MS Project).
- Demonstrated experience with the functioning of a program management office and governance frameworks.
- Experience with collaboration tools (e.g., MS Teams, SharePoint).
- Experience with other project management, planning and issue tracking, and software development tools.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a change agent, leading and inspiring others to act, especially under circumstances when change is unpopular.
- Demonstrated ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to establish rapport and elicit cooperation from personnel across all levels, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to professionally react to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Ability to manage project-related disagreements and resolution of issues.
- Ability to bring a project to successful completion.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
- Duties and Responsibilities (continued):
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel and track project-related progress.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Proactively manage change(s) in project scope, identify potential risks, and devise contingency plans.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Ability to translate end user requirements into pragmatic solutions.
About INSPYR Solutions:
As a leading information technology partner, we connect top IT talent with our clients to provide innovative business solutions through our IT Staffing, Professional Services, and Infrastructure Solutions divisions. We understand and value the unique needs of highly-skilled information technology professionals in the industry and always strive to stay above the curve. Our company was founded on the following core values: Be the Best, Understand the Urgency, Never Ever Give Up, Have the Courage to Excel, and Make a Contribution. We take pride in our business model and strive to create a positive workplace environment through an exemplary culture.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.