QC Commercial Security Technician
Salt Lake City, UT
Onsite - Infrastructure / Network / Systems - Contract - Job ID: 23-62383
Title: QC Commercial Security Technician
Location: Salt Lake City UT
Duration: Contract with possible contract extension or hire
Compensation: Hourly position based on experience and skillset (range from $28 – $33/hour W2)
- The Quality Control Lead Technician is responsible for installing, training partners, and inspecting quality of work on a variety of low voltage solutions. This role requires experience working with retail and/or commercial clients, as well as knowledge of industry standards. The QC Lead Technician supports programs that rely on relationships with business partners to provide a consistent outstanding customer experience. A willingness to travel is essential to this role. The organization is growing and needs to find scalability, while differentiating itself from its competitors. From a last mile standpoint, this means being able to deliver a project on-time, on budget, with minimal setbacks. The Quality Control Lead Technician will be instrumental in making sure quality is guaranteed, and training is consistent as we rely on more and more business partners.
- Our desired candidate for this role has experience with Low Voltage Security Solutions (CCTV, Access Control, Fire/Burg) Almost No Programming)
- Location – Must be in a 50 mile radius of Salt Lake City UT
Education and Training
- Candidate must have a minimum of 5 – 7 years of Cabling hands-on field experience and/or Cabling project management experience. Must have strong organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must have a structured cabling certification (i.e. BICSI) or equivalent structured cabling experience. Knowledge of Cat 5 cable certification is necessary. LAN and telephone, including associated network device installation quality standards would be helpful..
- Participate in team meetings and performance reviews.
- Fill in timesheets daily.
- Keep certifications up-to-date
QC & Training (60%)
- Conduct field quality control inspections audits to ensure customer specifications are achieved on product or system installations
- Perform QC on multiple clients’ this is a key requirement
- Train subcontractors and technicians on theory and practices for reliable quality installations
- Perform installation and service work on customer site, based on schedule
- Provide regular updates (email responses/information) to Project Management Team(s), Resource Center and Service Center in a timely manner
- Act as point of escalation for clients; resolve issues where possible, otherwise escalate to Supervisor and Project Team(s)
- Provide complete structured cabling system installations in a variety of retail, financial and office building environments.
- Terminate and test Category 5e and 6 copper cables to manufacturer and BICSI standards
- Terminate and test Multi-mode fiber to manufacturer and BICSI standards
- Install equipment racks, cabinets, and cable support systems, including J-hooks, Arlington straps and ladder tray systems
- Able to participate in project installation and service/MAC activities during nights and weekends
- Installing, configuring, troubleshooting and testing
- DVRs – March Networks, Verint and Dedicated Micros
- Bosch, Panasonic, Axis, and Wren Solutions cameras
- Structured cabling systems for voice and data networks (Category 5e, 6 and fiber)
- Camera and DVR systems, including IP Cameras
- Basic installation and configuration of switches, routers, phones and phone systems, and other network devices
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive medical benefits
- Competitive pay, 401(k)
- Retirement plan
- …and much more!
About INSPYR Solutions:
As a leading information technology partner, we connect top IT talent with our clients to provide innovative business solutions through our IT Staffing, Professional Services, and Infrastructure Solutions divisions. We understand and value the unique needs of highly skilled information technology professionals in the industry and always strive to stay above the curve. Our company was founded on the following core values: Be the Best, Understand the Urgency, Never Ever Give Up, Have the Courage to Excel, and Make a Contribution. We take pride in our business model and strive to create a positive workplace environment through an exemplary culture.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.