Data Center Cable Technicians
New Albany, OH
Onsite - Cable / Fiber / AV Install Technician - Contract - Job ID: 23-62551
Location: New Albany, OH
Compensation: Hourly position based upon experience & skill level ($20-$26/hour W2)
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
Perform skilled infrastructure/structured cabling work in the installation, service and maintenance, repair and alteration of low voltage category cabling, fiber optic cabling, communications cabling and other various low voltage cabling systems. Complete physical installations and removal of structured cabling components, cabinets, pathway systems (cable tray), move equipment, racks, and related communications infrastructure materials.
- Hourly position based upon experience & skill level
- Contract position with possible contract extension
- Standard work hours: Mon-Fri 6:00 AM -2:30 PM (overtime may be required)
- Location: Onsite – New Albany, OH 43054
- Required: Steel/composite toed shoes/boots
Primary Roles & Responsibilities
- Must have an assigned Mentor for the trainee period.
- Can only Perform less complex tasks under this agreement
- May be part of short-term project labor
- This role cannot be working on any capacity critical tasks without mentor technician present to help supervise
- Perform installation and service of low voltage category cabling, fiber optic cabling, communications cabling, communication equipment and other various low voltage related systems such as Category 3, Category 5, Enhanced Category 5, Category 6 and Fiber Optic Structured Cable Distribution Systems.
- Evaluate, diagnose, troubleshoot cabling infrastructure systems and perform repairs as necessary.
- Perform upgrades and additions to cabling infrastructure systems in order to increase functionality and usability.
- Coordinate with other Team Members within North American Commercial Services (NASI) Operations for the purpose of completing projects/work orders efficiently.
- Inform operations management regarding procedures and/or status of work orders for the purpose of providing necessary information for making decisions, taking appropriate action and/or complying with OSHA regulations.
- Complete required documentation in a variety of written and electronic formats according to company standards such as time reporting for billing & payroll, work order progress & completion, time and materials for client SLAs, etc.
- Request equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of required items, as required.
- Respond to emergency situations during or after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate client concerns and meet SLAs.
- Transport a variety of items (e.g. tools, equipment, supplies, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at client site.
- Attend meetings, workshops, training, and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Achieve performance targets established by leadership for applicable Key Performance Indicators.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent Required.
- Associate degree or Certification in a technology services/technical discipline, or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Minimum 2 years' experience installing, servicing, and maintaining low voltage cable infrastructure systems such as Category 3, Category 5, Enhanced Category 5, Category 6 and Fiber Optic Structured Cable Distribution Systems.
- Proven ability to install, terminate & test low voltage cables & fiber optical cables to include twisted pair cable, coax, power limited tray cable, stranded & solid conductor low voltage cable, single mode & multi-mode fiber optical cables.
- Industry and manufacturer specific experience and/or certifications preferred (examples: BICSI, Panduit, Commscope, Siemens, Corning, Leviton, Ortronics, AV, Fiber Optic, Paging, etc).
- Comprehension of terminology pertaining to installation & service of cabling infrastructure for telecom, data, security & wireless systems.
- Working knowledge of industry standards including BICSI, ANSI, EIA/TIA, and local and National Electric Code.
- When required, healthcare specific certifications and experience (examples: infectious control, safety, bloodborne pathogens certifications, etc.)
- Comprehension of publications pertaining to standard cabling for telecom, data, security & wireless systems practices, engineering & Federal, State & local safety standards.
- Strong customer/client service orientation with effective communication and interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy.
- Mechanical aptitude with the ability to read blueprints, architectural, mechanical, and electrical documents.
- Proven skills in reliability and dependability demonstrated through completing tasks on time and with minimal supervision, punctual and present for work, informing appropriate individuals when work will not be completed in agreed upon time frame.
- Valid driver's license and ability to safely drive company vehicles around Client campus.
- Heavy Work: May frequently exert force equivalent to lifting up to approximately 50 pounds and/or occasionally exert force equivalent to lifting up to approximately 100 pounds.
- Vision: Requires the ability to perceive the nature of objects by the eye.
- Near Acuity: Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less.
- Midrange: Clarity of vision at distances of more than 20 inches and less than 20 feet.
- Far Acuity: Clarity of vision at 20 feet or more.
- Peripheral: Ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point.
- Depth Perception: Three-dimensional vision. Ability to judge distances and spatial relationships so as to see objects where and as they actually are.
- Ability to adjust focus: Ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus
- Color Vision: Ability to identify colors.
- Speaking/Hearing: Possesses the ability to give and receive information through speaking and listening skills.
- Motor Coordination: While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The incumbent is frequently required to stand; and walk. The incumbent is occasionally required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or bend.
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive medical benefits
- Competitive pay, 401(k)
- Retirement plan
- …and much more!
About INSPYR Solutions:
As a leading information technology partner, we connect top IT talent with our clients to provide innovative business solutions through our IT Staffing, Professional Services, and Infrastructure Solutions divisions. We understand and value the unique needs of highly-skilled information technology professionals in the industry and always strive to stay above the curve. Our company was founded on the following core values: Be the Best, Understand the Urgency, Never Ever Give Up, Have the Courage to Excel, and Make a Contribution. We take pride in our business model and strive to create a positive workplace environment through an exemplary culture.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.