Shopify Frontend Theme Engineer
Hybrid - Engineering - Contract - Job ID: 23-62605
Title: Shopify Frontend Theme Engineer
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Compensation: $75/hr – $80/hr
Duration: 6 months+
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
If you're interested, please send your resume to Sydney Tekstra at email@example.com.
**1 day in office every 2 weeks.
Summary: Client is looking for a Shopify Frontend Theme Engineer to design and develop online stores for high profile artists building on top of our existing Shopify theming templates. The Shopify Frontend Theme Engineer will work closely with our creative team to develop and implement designs for artist stores and will ensure usability factors are applied consistently across all stores on a single set of underlying core technologies while giving each store a unique look and feel.
- Assess UX requirements from artists and creative team to design and develop frontend experience and components.
- Use cutting-edge UI/UX for our online stores to appeal to artists and their fans.
- Create functional prototypes within shortened timeframes.
- Integrate with various eCommerce and consumer marketing platforms (CRM, AdTech, MarTech, Customer Service Tech).
- Write technical user stories and convert user stories into deliverables.
- Provide estimates to the required level of accuracy for stories and tasks.
- Test deliverables against a user story's acceptance tests.
- Create technical documentation for wireframes and flow diagrams.
- Customer-first mentality with ability to empathize and create customer/fan loyalty Ability to multi-task, problem solve, and execute tasks with accuracy in a high-pressure, fast-paced agile environment
- Comfortable working in a fluid, changing environment as creative challenges and priorities evolve Strong drive to continue improving skills and to stay informed on the cutting edge of web technology and design.
- Solid grounding with common design patterns and development best practices.
- Solid understanding of general eCommerce and consumer marketing technologies and UI/UX best practices for those spaces.
- Proficiency in responsive design principles Basic understanding of APIs, webhooks, and general data transfer approaches.
- Ability to write unit tests when implementing user stories and design and develop code for testability
- 5+ years of work experience in design and development
- Knowledge of ecommerce and consumer marketing technology landscape and associated stacks (shopping cart, API integrations, social media platforms, etc.) Experience in:
- Typescript Integrating with web services (REST, and GraphQL) and third-party libraries.
- Responding to business objectives with creative, innovative design solutions Latest web trends and best practices for UX/UI design Tailwind Figma/Adobe XD Creating sketches/wireframes, high-fidelity/in-browser mock-ups and everything in-between.
- Understanding and applying principles of page optimization Cross-device/responsive design techniques Modern front-end tools
- Experience working within an agile team
- Setting up continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) with tools like Jenkins, Github, and BitBucket Test Driven Development
- 2-3 years in an agile environment (Scrum and/or Kanban) Experience developing mobile applications
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive medical benefits
- Competitive pay, 401(k)
- Retirement plan
- …and much more!
About INSPYR Solutions:
As a leading information technology partner, we connect top IT talent with our clients to provide innovative business solutions through our IT Staffing, Professional Services, and Infrastructure Solutions divisions. We understand and value the unique needs of highly-skilled information technology professionals in the industry and always strive to stay above the curve. Our company was founded on the following core values: Be the Best, Understand the Urgency, Never Ever Give Up, Have the Courage to Excel, and Make a Contribution. We take pride in our business model and strive to create a positive workplace environment through an exemplary culture.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.