Sr. Project Manager-Cloud Migration
Onsite - Project / Program / Change Management - Direct Placement - Job ID: 23-62657
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Duration: Salaried, Direct Hire
Compensation: $130,000/yr – $150,000/yr
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
Qualified candidates may send a copy of their resume to Sydney Tekstra at email@example.com.
Plans and delivers projects on time, on budget, and with successful operation with either waterfall or agile methodologies. Throughout the lifecycle of each project, the project manager tracks project status and manages project teams proactively mitigating risk and managing issues to effective resolution. For agile projects this includes acting in the Scrum Master role, which includes organizing and facilitating daily stand-ups, sprint planning, sizing sessions, backlog grooming sessions, and end-of-sprint ceremonies as well as creating dashboards & reports to show team productivity.
- Coordinates, develops plans, resources and monitors assigned project(s) to keep on schedule and on budget. Engages/ motivates cross-functional teams to meet deadlines and deliverables.
- Accountable for delivering technical projects on time, within budget and with successful outcomes according to business objectives.
- Develops project plans to manage the end-to-end project activities, interdependencies, including scope management, success criteria, deliverables, critical path milestones, resource management, finance management, and quality management.
- Maintains at least 2 projects/scrum teams at the same time.
- Appropriately engages all organizations including architecture, legal, risk, security, compliance, delivery and vendor management to ensure effective adherence to completing SDLC governance.
- Manages backlog grooming with cross functional teams to ensure the priorities, understanding, and dependencies are understood prior to sprint planning.
- Develops and maintains the requirements backlog and ensures that security, infrastructure, and operational requirements are represented by stories, prioritized appropriately, properly groomed, and accepted by the applicable team(s).
- Drives project execution planning (sprint planning) to ensure development teams are set for success in their commitments
- Proactively removes impediments for the project team to ensure continuous flow of work and maintains an active risk and issue log to report on concerns.
- Monitors and communicates project health, and manages project interdependencies by defining critical path project & program level milestones; effectively communicating to all stakeholders.
- Performs retrospectives, drives improvements and sharing of best practices.
- Support the company's commitment to risk management and protecting the integrity and confidentiality of systems and data.
- The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow instructions and perform other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.
- Education and/or experience typically obtained through completion of a bachelor's degree in computer science, Information Systems or related field
- Minimum 5 years Agile, Scrum, project management or related experience with a software development team that applied Scrum principles, practices, and theories
- Experience in managing technology projects and Infrastructure projects, specifically cloud migration projects
- Demonstrated ability to lead efficient agile teams and achieve business objectives
- Ability to build professional relationships within Project Management function and cross functional teams
- Understands Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall
- Demonstrated business acumen with knowledge and understanding of business issues, priorities, goals, and strategy is necessary.
- Strong sense of responsibility, ownership, and pride in delivering quality results
- Industry knowledge to lead efficient Agile Teams and their goals
- Requires applicable knowledge of the technologies use by the Scrum team
- Requires deep understanding of patterns and techniques in managing Sprint ceremonies, handling of bugs/defects, and variations of leading productive teams
- Requires working knowledge of Agile management tools (e.g. JIRA)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate across all levels of the organization, present complex ideas concisely and clearly articulate ideas verbally and in writing is necessary.
- Background and drug screen
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or related certifications is beneficial
- Ability to achieve scrum master certification (CSM) within 1 year of accepting role is required
- Additional related education and/or experience preferred
- Agile Certifications
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive medical benefits
- Competitive pay, 401(k)
- Retirement plan
- …and much more!
About INSPYR Solutions:
As a leading information technology partner, we connect top IT talent with our clients to provide innovative business solutions through our IT Staffing, Professional Services, and Infrastructure Solutions divisions. We understand and value the unique needs of highly-skilled information technology professionals in the industry and always strive to stay above the curve. Our company was founded on the following core values: Be the Best, Understand the Urgency, Never Ever Give Up, Have the Courage to Excel, and Make a Contribution. We take pride in our business model and strive to create a positive workplace environment through an exemplary culture.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.