Help Desk Service Specialist – Long Term Project – Carson City/Las Vegas, NV
Carson City (or Las Vegas NV), NV
- Infrastructure / Network / Systems - Contract - Job ID: 23-62751
Help Desk Service Specialist – Long Term Project – Carson City/Las Vegas, NV.
Title: Help Desk Service Specialist
Location: Carson City or Las Vegas, Nevada
Duration: 12+ months long term project
Compensation: $25-32/hr W2
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
Qualified candidates may send a copy of their resume (Word Format) to email@example.com
- Responsible for providing first-level support for fiber, network, and systems issues by answering, responding, and solving customer's technical requests in a non-scripted environment or elevating tickets to the appropriate team members for further action.
- Writing customer communications, processes, and other customer-facing documentation.
- Proactively monitor, analyze, and troubleshoot information technology issues and own, follow-up, and drive problem resolution.
- Work within an Agile environment.
- Completed assigned work according to the specifications and standards set by the Manager.
- Solid knowledge of Service Desk and Customer Support center operations.
- Minimum of two (2) years' hands-on experience troubleshooting various hardware and software products, including, but not limited to: desktops, laptop/tablets, printers, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office products, Microsoft Active Directory, wired LAN/WAN, VPN, antivirus, remote access technologies, and mobile devices.
- An Associate's degree in an Information Technology related field.
- Have a proactive nature with the ability to solve problems.
- Be able to work on multiple projects, activities, and tasks, simultaneously.
- Have excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills, including the ability to explain technical information to customers, as needed, to effectively train/advise them on information technology issues.
The ideal candidate should have one or more of the following certifications:
- CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security +
- MCSA: Windows 10
- MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure
- HDI – CSR
- Udemy IT Help Desk Professional
- Other vendor or vendor-neutral certifications may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- The contractor will provide and assist the CLIENT with the following activities based on the agreed-upon project plan/schedule;
- Complete work and project tasks assigned by the CLIENT Manager on mutually agreed-upon deadlines.
- The contractor must be able to work in an Agile/Scrum environment. Agile experience is not required but is desirable. Routine reporting will include but is not limited to the methods defined below as part of the Agile process and is documented using Microsoft DevOps software or other methods mutually agreed upon.
- 75% work onsite (25% off site) per week in Carson City, NV or Las Vegas NV.
About INSPYR Solutions:
As a leading information technology partner, we connect top IT talent with our clients to provide innovative business solutions through our IT Staffing, Professional Services, and Infrastructure Solutions divisions. We understand and value the unique needs of highly-skilled information technology professionals in the industry and always strive to stay above the curve. Our company was founded on the following core values: Be the Best, Understand the Urgency, Never Ever Give Up, Have the Courage to Excel, and Make a Contribution. We take pride in our business model and strive to create a positive workplace environment through an exemplary culture.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.