Scrum Master (SaFE & PMP)
Hybrid - Development / Other Technologies - - Job ID: 23-71670
Title: Scrum Master
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Duration: 12+ Months
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
**ACTIVE PMP IS A PLUS *
***NOT A REMOTE POSITION***
- As a Scrum Master, you will directly report to the IT Delivery Manager.
- You will ensure that the team adheres to the Scrum principles, values and practices while establishing Agile friendly environment for the team.
- You will be responsiblefor facilitatingthe Scrum process, but also ensuringthe team is delivering value.
- The Scrum Master/Agile Enthusiast will provide effective collaboration, facilitation, servant leadership and coaching skills supporting the teams within the agile transformation.
- The ideal candidate exhibits high emotional intelligence with advanced interpersonal skills, demonstrates empathy, excellent at managing their own emotions, curious, resolves conflict while able to set boundaries, and maintains a positive outlook despite the challenges.
- As an Agile practitioner, you will be a shepherd of the Agile tenants promoting transparency, inspection, and adaption.
- This position requires commitment to exceptional results, a strong desire for continuous improvement and the ability to build a collaborative culture within our team and organization.
- Facilitate team events and ensure the integrity of the agile mindset working towards a high-performance culture.
- In this highly visible role, you will have significant interaction with product owners and regular contact with all levels of management.
- Organize and facilitate Scrum/Kanban team events
- Work collaboratively with Product Owners and cross-functional development teams on their Agile journey to support continuous value delivery
- Teach/coach/mentor the Product Owner and team on user story creation/prioritization, estimation and product backlog grooming via emergent design while supporting overall organizational goals
- Work with the teams on creating and collectively owning valuable data that will help them in their pursuit of relentless improvement
- Resolve or escalate blocking impediments as necessary
- Coordinate dependencies between teams with other Agile practitioners
- Work with management on effective team design
- Ensure development team is working efficiently towards Sprint goals
- Coach the development team and stakeholders on how to embrace agile values/principles as well as leverage frameworks like Scrum and Kanban including scaling frameworks such as SAFe and Scrum@Scale
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing/Mobbing/Swarming, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Ensure the development teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility
- Ensure cross functional coordination (analysts, developers, and testers) is occurring early and often.
- Recommend improvements and assist in changes to best practices
- Assist team in radiating valuable information
- Create an environment that empowers and energizes team members, with a focus on accountability, adaptability, and collaboration
- Thorough understanding of the Agile Manifesto and Scrum Values
- Experience working with an agile mindset on large scale, technically complex projects
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Must be self-motivated and pragmatic
- Experience using various tools including Azure Boards
- Highly adaptable to changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse teams and must have situational awareness with an understanding of when to listen and when to engage.
- Ability to conduct educational classes and various workshops
Education and Experience:
- Advanced Knowledge of Agile values, principles, and frameworks
- Must be a Certified Scrum Master with 2+ years an Agile practitioner/Scrum Master/Coach
- Advanced knowledge of product development
- Excellent servant leadership skills
- Excellent communication and transparency
- Advanced knowledge of Lean concepts – cumulative flow, WIP limits, burndowns
- Emotional intelligence
- Socratic questioning
- Protective of the team
- Business acumen
- Understanding of DevOps practices
- Good understanding of changing technology trends
- Basic information technology operational knowledge including a basic understanding of core infrastructure
- General knowledge and understanding of the technology field and technology projects
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle
- Must possess a strong presence, polish, and exude confidence
- Executive presence and effective communicationskills
- Good critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Good problem solving, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent servant leadership and change leadership skills
- Excellent planning and coordinationskills
- Must have business acumen
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Demonstrate emotional intelligence
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Boards
Help the team grow:
- Guide and coach the team on how to become Agile not just do Agile
- Help build self-organizing teams and helpthe team adapt and inspect their process
- Help the team to improvise their process to maximize delivered business value
- Guide team to higher Agile maturity
About INSPYR Solutions:
As a leading information technology partner, we connect top IT talent with our clients to provide innovative business solutions through our IT Staffing, Professional Services, and Infrastructure Solutions divisions. We understand and value the unique needs of highly-skilled information technology professionals in the industry and always strive to stay above the curve. Our company was founded on the following core values: Be the Best, Understand the Urgency, Never Ever Give Up, Have the Courage to Excel, and Make a Contribution. We take pride in our business model and strive to create a positive workplace environment through an exemplary culture.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.