Senior Systems Administrator
Onsite - Infrastructure - Direct Placement - Job ID: 23-71683
Title: Senior Systems Administrator
Location: Mequon, WI (must be able to work onsite 3-days/week)
Hire Type: Direct Hire
Compensation: $70,000 – $90,000 Base Salary + Benefits
Must be well-rounded in Windows, VMware, Azure and understand backups/patching. Might stay on projects longer to provide support/maintenance work after integrations are complete. Must be open to doing the grunt work from time-to-time, even if that means helping set up PCs at client locations. Senior level systems admins might be given ticket delegation responsibility for handing out tasks to other team members. Must be open to 20-25% travel nationwide or international – travel will not be consistent.
The Senior Systems Administrator will join the Managed Services team to assist and guide other team members with day-to-day support for multiple clients' IT environments including resolving tickets, patching, escalations, troubleshooting, PC deployments, etc. This person will use strong end user and PC support skills to troubleshoot PC issues both remotely and onsite. In addition, this person must have advanced server administration capabilities, VCenter, backup and Azure knowledge to build, maintain, and ensure security needs are met. The Senior Systems Administrator will interact with our clients using excellent verbal and written communication skills and document all work.
• Serve as a focal point for other System Administrators by either resolving or assisting them with difficult technology incidents.
• Triage, resolve, or assign incoming client tickets. Manage daily ticket meetings to ensure resolution SLAs are met.
• Resolve a wide range of advanced tickets (i.e., server, application, network, and laptops/desktops) including but not limited to troubleshooting and configuration of Windows Active Directory, Group Policy, file, and print services.
• Eliminate recurring issues through root cause analysis and remediation.
• Configure hardware, peripherals, and services in accordance with standards and project requirements.
• Perform software installations, configuration, upgrades, troubleshooting, and performance tuning from multiple vendors and systems.
• Perform proactive daily client checks and remediate any discrepancies discovered.
• Test new equipment, image operating systems, perform data backups, and complete restores.
• Monitor performance and maintain systems according to established SLA’s.
• Ensure server patching and backup schedules are maintained and documented.
• Support after hours on-call on a rotating basis.
• Answer technical support calls and incoming tickets and assign severity, prioritize work accordingly to resolve issues.
• Solid level of critical thinking, root cause analysis and problem-solving skills with commonly used concepts, practices, procedures, and tools used in supporting and maintaining Windows based solutions.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills with the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
• Motivated with a desire to learn, grow, and enhance our teams’ abilities. Certifications are a plus.
• Minimum 5 years IT experience with IT administration and support experience with windows administration and management of servers, O365, One Drive, Azure, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Group Policy, and RDS.
• Strong background virtualization including but not limited to ESXi and VCenter.
• Previous Experience in a fast-paced consulting or MSP environment is a plus.
• Solid knowledge of backup solutions and network storage solutions.
• Basic knowledge of network services: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
• Core understanding of information security best practices and networking fundamentals.
• Tier 2 and 3 desktop support experience.
• Be able to work after hours for business impacting changes.
• Ability to travel up to 10% as needed.
• Ability to deliver professional and personable onsite and remote support.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.