Procurement Manager IT
Onsite - Procurement / Supply Chain / Purchasing - Direct Placement - Job ID: 23-71702
Location: Houston, TX
Duration: Direct Hire
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
Qualified candidates may send a copy of their resume (Word Format) to Taylor Kast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Procurement Manager IT
Experienced Procurement professional, responsible for leading procurement sourcing projects and negotiations in one or more specific categories. Delivers results through personal contribution, team leadership and cross-organizational influence. Expected to deliver value through the implementation of effective negotiation strategies that reduce both organizational costs and risks while improving vendor performing and encouraging innovation from the supply base.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 7+ years of negotiation experience in one or more specific areas of the business
- Demonstrated experience leading and delivering value through effective negotiations
- Demonstrated experience leading and/or influencing teams
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communicator across various levels within the organization
- Extensive knowledge in contract development, including key contracting principles, standard terms, laws/regulations and industry standards
- Builder of strong internal and external relationships across multiple business units
- Ability to lead geographically dispersed cross-functional teams to achieve company goals
- Creative and innovative in finding solutions and negotiating strategies
- Financial acumen to lead the development and create complex financial models, including Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and should cost models
- Highly motivated performer, with a demonstrated ability to influence and lead others while also working independently in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to successfully prioritize and solve for complex problems, factoring instances of ambiguity and unexpected change
- Lead with integrity and able to propel a team toward the completion of goals within both a traditional and matrix environment
- Proficiency with procurement toolsets, including eSourcing, spend cube, project / savings trackers
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills preferred
- Manage assigned category specialty
- Lead cross-functional teams through a disciplined sourcing and project management process to support procurement, operations and key business objectives.
- Identify and implement best in class sourcing strategy and practices which support continuity of supply, quality, cost and business requirements.
- Directs and conducts market analysis for all historical and potential future category purchases. Assesses the ability of the category strategy to satisfy the volume, quality, performance and total delivered cost requirements.
- Apply sourcing methodologies to develop negotiating strategies that enable effective negotiations, vendor management and process improvement.
- Analyze pricing, vendor stability, and proposals to ensure a fair, ethical and level playing field.
- Manage and optimize supplier performance including contract compliance, continuous improvement, innovations, and reduction in total cost of ownership.
- Collaborate with stakeholders at all levels to negotiate key contracts, consult on indirect spend strategy and resolve issues and mitigate risk.
- Ensure all spend in commodity area is under Procurement management.
- Maintain knowledge of current business unit trends, vendor capabilities and changes within the industry landscape for traditional and emerging solutions.
Physical Requirements & Attendance
- Acceptable level of hearing and vision to perform job duties
- Adhere to company work hours, policies, procedures and rules governing professional staff behavior
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive medical benefits
- Competitive pay, 401(k)
- Retirement plan
- …and much more!
About INSPYR Solutions:
As a leading information technology partner, we connect top IT talent with our clients to provide innovative business solutions through our IT Staffing, Professional Services, and Infrastructure Solutions divisions. We understand and value the unique needs of highly-skilled information technology professionals in the industry and always strive to stay above the curve. Our company was founded on the following core values: Be the Best, Understand the Urgency, Never Ever Give Up, Have the Courage to Excel, and Make a Contribution. We take pride in our business model and strive to create a positive workplace environment through an exemplary culture.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.