Data Center Technician
Salt Lake City, UT
Onsite - Cable / Fiber / Install Technician - Contract - Job ID: 23-71712
Working with pre-terminated fiber
Interpreting cut sheets
Cable installation includes: pulling, placement, terminating, testing, and labeling. BICSI cert (current or past) a plus, but not needed. IDF/MDF, rack install, fiber termination and testing experience a plus. We are looking for individuals who will pay attention to detail and work efficiently under minimal supervision.
- Pulling and routing Fiber in a new construction and existing structure commercial environment
- Terminating data jacks
- Installing support structures (ladders, racks, j-hooks)
- Must be comfortable working from scissor/boom lifts if required.
Basic scope of work includes:
- Pulling, routing, installing and terminating structured cabling infrastructure in a commercial environment.
- Ownership of basic telecom tools: Punch down, snips, wire strippers, cordless drill, Hard Hat, Boots, Safety Glasses, etc.
- Familiarity with BICSI, EIA, TIA or NEC Standards.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.