Sr Network Engineer
Fort Worth, TX
- Engineering (Non-IT) - Right to Hire - Job ID: 23-71728
Location: Dallas, TX – Hybrid
Duration: (Ongoing Contract)
General Job Description
- The Sr. Network Engineer will be part of Global Network Delivery Team and is responsible for building and managing datacenter and cloud network technologies. The engineer will be responsible for designing, implementing complex network routing solutions throughout the clients Global network.
- Write/engineer network device configuration scripts with associated change documentation to meet project goals and deadlines.
- Implement network changes during appropriate change windows (after hours)
- Review and provide feedback on change documentation/engineering of other engineers.
- Establish processes to test applications and devices before planned network deployment to quantify their performance and recommend steps to ensure they are optimized.
- Serve as second-tier support for network operations team when needed.
- Participate in on-call support escalation rotation
- Create detailed network designs that meet the customer requirements (including physical and logical) of complex network systems to meet the functional objectives of the business.
- Serve as a technical resource providing guidance and advice to associates on data, voice, and mobile network capabilities for utilizing the full capability of technology in designing effective solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
- 5+ years of experience in a Network environment working with route switch, firewalls, VPN, IDS/IPS
- 2+ years of experience in Microsoft Azure or AWS/Oracle/IBM networking technologies.
- Senior Level experience with Data Center infrastructure solutions: VPN, Cisco (Route and Switch), Palo Alto firewalls.
- Expert knowledge on Cisco routers, Cisco L2/L3 switches, load balancing, QOS, VPN, NAT, VoIP, IPSec, Multicast, DNS services, MPLS networks, network protocols (Ethernet, TCP/IP, SNMP, VLAN Trunking), and routing protocols (BGP, OSPF).
- Design, implement, and maintain cloud network infrastructure on Microsoft Azure/AWS/Oracle/IBM.
- Manage and monitor the cloud network infrastructure to ensure high availability, performance, and security.
- Collaborate with development and DevOps teams to ensure the network infrastructure supports the deployment and operation of cloud-based applications and services.
- Configure and manage Azure networking components such as Virtual Network, Load Balancer, ExpressRoute, VPN Gateway, and NSG.
- Have a comprehensive knowledge on routing protocol BGP (community strings, route maps, route filters. attributes).
- Strong experience in building site to site VPN tunnels for both Cisco and Palo Alto's platform.
- Experience in native cloud security technologies including Microsoft Azure, AWS etc.
- Campus LAN and WLAN solutions, also implemented on Cisco products, network segmentation and access control in remote offices and campus locations.
- CCNP Security, DC, Routing, Switching, CCIE, PCNSE (Palo Alto) VMWare Certified Professional Standard is desired.
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate or Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert is desired.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
- 3+ years of experience in delivering Software Defined Infrastructure, leveraging automation, orchestration, scripting technologies. Python or Java experience is preferred.
- Airline Industry experience or large enterprise with multiple data centers and remote locations
- Design Ansible networking playbooks (and/or via Python scripts, REST API) for, Palo Alto, Cisco IOS/IOS-XE/NX-OS
- Strong experience with Active Directory & DNS
- Virtualization in the network, security and overall infrastructure space.
- Knowledge of what it takes to deploy and execute software defined infrastructure; firewall technologies, intrusion detection/prevention, micro-segmentation, and software defined network, software defined WAN, etc…
- Experience working with Agile project management methodologies and tools.
- Proven ability to build, cultivate, and promote strong relationships with internal customers at all levels of the organization, as well as with IT counterparts, business partners, and external groups
- Deep understanding of the interdependent relationship between information security, database, middleware, network infrastructure and application services.
- Demonstrated experience functioning and succeeding in a bi-modal IT organization
- Experience presenting key, strategic technical details to Senior Leadership
- Demonstrated initiative, flexibility, and ability to adapt to changing priorities and work environments
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects/work streams and demands efficiently.
- Ability to thrive in a sense-of-urgency environment and leverage best practices.
- Ability to think strategically and use sound judgment and initiative in making decisions.
- Ability to embrace ambiguity and seek clarity
- Ability to effectively explain technical concepts and adjust messaging based on the audience
- Ability to influence through outstanding interpersonal skills, collaboration, and negotiation skills
- Ability to work well within a team environment, as well as independently
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive medical benefits
- Competitive pay, 401(k)
- Retirement plan
- and much more!
About INSPYR Solutions:
As a leading information technology partner, we connect top IT talent with our clients to provide innovative business solutions through our IT Staffing, Professional Services, and Infrastructure Solutions divisions. We understand and value the unique needs of highly-skilled information technology professionals in the industry and always strive to stay above the curve. Our company was founded on the following core values: Be the Best, Understand the Urgency, Never Ever Give Up, Have the Courage to Excel, and Make a Contribution. We take pride in our business model and strive to create a positive workplace environment through an exemplary culture.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.