Senior Generator Field Service Technician
Onsite - Infrastructure / Network / Systems - Right to Hire - Job ID: 23-71757
Title: Senior Generator Field Service Technician
Location: supporting Gainesville and surrounding areas in VA
Duration: direct hire
Compensation: Hourly position based on experience and skillset ($30 – $35/hour)
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
- Troubleshoot Automatic Transfer Switches, engine/generator control, and excitation systems.
- Work in a varied outside environment or at customer sites. The noise level in the work environment is dependent on service location. Safety equipment and hearing protection are provided.
- Proficient in both mechanical and electrical applications and have knowledge in troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair for diesel and natural gas generator sets with their associated fuel systems.
- Accurately submit, promote, and complete general quotes and engineering quotes as needed for the customer base.
- Complete quality major and minor preventative maintenance, inspection, and minor repairs on power generation units, diesel and/or natural gas, or gas engines, and Automatic Transfer Switches (ATS) as scheduled.
- Communicate with sales, operations, and customers regarding service and service contract coverage, pricing, terms and conditions, and applicable policies.
- Respond to inquiries regarding new contract obligations and revisions.
- Adhere to company safety practices and other policies and procedures.
- Act with integrity and provide outstanding service to customers and coworkers building an environment of teamwork and positivity.
- Report any violation or non-compliance with company policies and procedures by company's employees or other business personnel, including sub-contractors.
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, blueprints, schematics, and procedure manuals.
- Speak effectively with customers or employees of the organization.
Education and Requirements:
- High School diploma/GED required.
- 5 years of working experience in the power generation field.
- Must hold an active, current, valid driver's license.
- Must have a driving record showing zero felony convictions and less than three (3) moving violations within the previous three years.
- Must be Covid-19 vaccinated.
- Pass a criminal background check.
- Pass mandatory drug screening.
- May travel up to 50% with overnight stay.
Our benefits are as follows:
Medical, Dental, Vision
Profit-Sharing 401(k) Plan (Currently, we match 100% up to 7% employee contribution)
Paid Time Off
Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Long Term Disability (LTD)
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Short-Term Disability (Aflac)
About INSPYR Solutions:
As a leading information technology partner, we connect top IT talent with our clients to provide innovative business solutions through our IT Staffing, Professional Services, and Infrastructure Solutions divisions. We understand and value the unique needs of highly-skilled information technology professionals in the industry and always strive to stay above the curve. Our company was founded on the following core values: Be the Best, Understand the Urgency, Never Ever Give Up, Have the Courage to Excel, and Make a Contribution. We take pride in our business model and strive to create a positive workplace environment through an exemplary culture.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.