Traveling Lead Access Control Technician
Onsite - Cable / Fiber / AV Install Technician - Direct Placement - Job ID: 23-71800
Title: Traveling Lead Access Control Technician
Location: Estero, FL
Duration: Direct Hire
Compensation: $26-50hr. (barring experience)
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holder, or Authorized to Work in the US
The Access Control Lead Technician performs various kinds of installation, maintenance, and repair work on diverse electronic and mechanical access control and locking systems, and digital security surveillance systems, for both Softrim provided systems and non-Softrim provided (existing client) systems alike.
Skillset / Experience:
- Maintain and utilize a superior knowledge of all access control and digital security surveillance systems, with proven proficiency in all aspects for both Softrim provided systems and non-Softrim provided (existing client) systems alike.
- Mentor and cross train the next generation of Access Control and Surveillance professionals.
- Perform detailed site surveys and provide proper documentation of all items necessary, including but not just limited to access control and digital security surveillance systems, to include photo and written documentation of scope, gathering of drawings or plans, and working with other departments to assess their potential needs as well.
- Installation, configuration, programming, and technical support of access control hardware including but not limited to maglocks, electric strikes, electric crash bars, Wi-Fi and other wireless type locks, card readers, REX buttons, PIRs, power supplies, cans (controller and sub-controller boards), relays, and its controlling software.
- Installation, configuration, programming, and technical support of digital security surveillance hardware including but not limited to analog cameras, IP cameras, digital video recorders, network video recorders, power supplies, and its controlling software.
- Installation of LV cabling for access control and/or digital security surveillance systems when required for the complete installation of all devices (as typical for small projects and service calls).
- Provide on-call support as required (per rotation schedule).
- Compile technical documentation and maintain full system database backups and current software/firmware maintenance on all access control and digital security surveillance systems.
- Confirm that all databases, firmware, documentation, network information, and photos for both access control and digital security surveillance systems are stored in a file unique to the specific customer in the approved Softrim file repository. These files will be maintained on monthly basis.
- Accurately document all interactions during a call in notes using a descriptive summary with troubleshooting steps performed following company standards.
- Accurately record all time and notes for work performed following company standards.
- Cooperate with project teams to prepare for field deployment, including but not limited to attending project handoff meetings.
- Maintain an open line of communication regarding events, outstanding issues, and customer follow-up.
- Continuous learning and support of any technologies used in Softrim's typical client locations.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- 5+ years of access control and surveillance experience, or equivalent demonstration of experience.
- Substantial experience installing, programming, calibrating, testing, and repairing access control and digital security surveillance systems from start to finish.
- Substantial experience interpreting plan drawings and details.
- Able to safely climb a ladder and work on a lift, lift 50lbs, crouch, kneel, stop, crawl, and safely operate powered and non-powered tools alike.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Graduation from High School or equivalent.
- Valid FL driver's license with a clean driving record.
- English language (fluent), Spanish a plus but not required.
Our benefits package includes: (EXCLUDE on perm placements)
- Comprehensive medical benefits
- Competitive pay, 401(k)
- Retirement plan
- and much more!
About INSPYR Solutions:
As a leading information technology partner, we connect top IT talent with our clients to provide innovative business solutions through our IT Staffing, Professional Services, and Infrastructure Solutions divisions. We understand and value the unique needs of highly-skilled information technology professionals in the industry and always strive to stay above the curve. Our company was founded on the following core values: Be the Best, Understand the Urgency, Never Ever Give Up, Have the Courage to Excel, and Make a Contribution. We take pride in our business model and strive to create a positive workplace environment through an exemplary culture.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.