Onsite - Engineering (Non-IT) - Direct Placement - Job ID: 23-71838
Title: Manufacturing Project Engineer – Machining
Duration: Direct Hire
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the U.S.
General Overview: As an Assembly Manufacturing Engineer, you will determine and develop the most efficient process for the assembly of each product line, as well as implement and train operators on the process and standard work. This candidate must be strong in time management, and creative thinking, achieve departmental KPIs, and be adaptable when new projects and priorities are provided.
How you will be successful :
- Identify and drive continuous improvement activities.
- Develop and update PFMEA's and control plans
- Develop and implement standard work, work instructions and work measurements (time studies, line balance, etc)
- Support ECR/ECN activities
- Implement and maintain simple assembly automation
- Provide support for New Product Development (NPD) launches, current and legacy products
- Provide input into the design of new and improvement to existing assembly fixtures
- Assist Quality in selecting and procuring appropriate measuring instruments and gauging
- Assist in closing RMA's by utilizing 5WHY root cause countermeasure
- Analyze and plan workflow, material flow, equipment placement and space requirements to improve manufacturing efficiency.
- Focus on the design and operation of integrated systems for the production of high-quality and competitive products
- Act as a change agent in the organization by driving change and implementing continuous improvement processes, while utilizing and improving existing methodologies
- Analyze production processes, schedules, methods, and statistical data to better understand future requirements needed for the manufacturing process.
Skillsets you will bring to the position:
- A Bachelor's degree in Industrial, Electrical, Systems, Manufacturing Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar type role
- Assembly process development, part fixturing design
- Kaizen, Lean and Six Sigma
- Flexible and Agile Manufacturing Concepts
- APQP knowledge
- Knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic control devices, PLC programming, Assembly tooling.
- Familiarity applying SPC tools to processes
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification (project based)
- Experience with Minitab, SPCXL or equivalent
- Experience with SQL, LabView, BarTender, DataMan, and/or Insight software packages.
About INSPYR Solutions
As a leading technology solutions company, we connect top IT talent with clients to provide innovative business solutions through our IT Staffing, Professional Services, and Infrastructure Solutions divisions. There are four elements that set us apart and serve as pillars of our company philosophy: Quality, Expertise, People, and Relationships. By always striving for excellence in these areas and focusing on the human aspect of our business, we work seamlessly together with our talent and clients to match the right solutions to the right opportunities. Learn more about us at inspyrsolutions.com.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.