Onsite - Engineering (Non-IT) - Direct Placement - Job ID: 23-71842
Position Title: Aluminum Quality Manager
Location: Salisbury, NC
Position Type: Full Time, Direct Hire
Reports To: Site Leader
FLSA Status: Exempt
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holder, or Authorized to work in US
This position is responsible f or the overall quality of products released by the company. Performing tests to verify quality of products before they released to the market .
- Provides leadership, directions and developmental activities for Quality & Technical functions.
- Implements and maintains ISO:9001 quality management system.
- Implements and maintains manufacturing routings for current and new products.
- Advises site management on process control, product and quality improvement.
- Provided tactical support for process, product, quality initiatives and directives.
- Directs department activities to design new equipment, modify existing designs, improve production processes, and develop test procedures.
- Resolves problems using solutions that involve new techniques, technologies, or concepts.
- Confers with management, operations, and maintenance staff to determine feasibility, cost effectiveness, and productivity impact on proposed quality changes.
- Provides direction and example for interpretation and application of company policies and procedures to the process, product development and quality activities.
- Customer interactions with frequent visits
- Work in a safe and healthy manner, adhering to all safety rules and practices.
- Represent the company's core values of being committed, action oriented, innovative and accessible.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction at the plant level, including occasionally interfacing with our customers
- Conduct management review meetings in accordance with ISO 9000 standards
- Work with plant and quality leadership teams to develop forward thinking plans to grow the effectiveness of the Quality System
- Effectively lead Quality functions, including but not limited to:
- Schedule and conduct frequent and regular audits of raw materials, in-process products, and finished products, reporting the results and monitoring trends
- Continually strive to prevent/reduce claims
- Drive warranty and UFR initiatives
- Develop database and lead yield and recovery initiatives
- Lead/champion plant problem solving events & root cause/corrective action activities
- Support process engineering functions by overseeing the preparation of process documents for designated operations in manufacturing, auditing operations for conformance to established procedures, recommending added or altered process-controls which will improve manufacturing results using techniques such as statistical process controls.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree, preferably in Metallurgy and Material Science.
- Must have strong working knowledge of processes utilized to manufacture aluminum sheet and foil products.
- Minimum 7 years' experience in aluminum sheet and foil production.
- Must have strong working knowledge of ISO:9001 Quality Standards.
- Automotive experience and/or food packaging industry experience a plus.
- 8D problems solving skills.
- Ability to work independently in a rapidly changing environment.
- Expert knowledge of MS Office, including Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference to practical situations.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects at the same time.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work as a team.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
About INSPYR Solutions
As a leading technology solutions company, we connect top IT talent with clients to provide innovative business solutions through our IT Staffing, Professional Services, and Infrastructure Solutions divisions. There are four elements that set us apart and serve as pillars of our company philosophy: Quality, Expertise, People, and Relationships. By always striving for excellence in these areas and focusing on the human aspect of our business, we work seamlessly together with our talent and clients to match the right solutions to the right opportunities. Learn more about us at inspyrsolutions.com.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.