Onsite - HR / Sales / Recruiter - Direct Placement - Job ID: 23-71901
Location: Katy, TX (Hybrid)
Duration: Permanent, Direct-Hire
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
Qualified candidate should send their resume (Word format) to Nate Ackerman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reporting to the Sr. Director Total Rewards and People Operations, the role will serve as subject matter expert in our benefits and retirement programs, managing all operational aspects of benefits administration while ensuring our programs are competitive, cost-effective, and compliant with federal and local regulations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage operational aspects of the benefits department, coordinating the work of Benefits Specialists and developing effective policies and procedures to increase efficiencies and maximize company investment
- Review and evaluate Health and welfare and Retirement programs versus industry trends and develop plan design recommendations for leadership. Stay current on legislative changes, trends, and best practices relating to benefits administration
- Lead and manage annual open enrollment process/project, develop an employee communications strategy, and timelines, and coordinate technical resources
- Partner with broker and vendor partners on annual renewals and program design decisions for Health and welfare benefits including managing program administration and compliance, vendor management, and budget management
- Partner with Financial Advisors and governance committee on retirement programs (DB, DC, and retiree medical) plan design, analysis, administration, and compliance and facilitate quarterly committee reviews and prepare an annual report to the Compensation Committee of Board of Directors
- Manage Leave Administration programs including Paid Time Off, FMLA, Short-Term Disability, and accommodation requests. (does not include workers' compensation program)
- Manage budget and significant company spending with a level of economic prudence and an eye on alignment with strategic business unit objectives
- Manage vendors selected to administer benefits portfolio as well as an extended administrative network of consultants, brokers, advisors, actuaries, and the like
- Responsible for ensuring HRIS approach to maintaining benefits eligibility, capturing employee benefit elections and contributions, and vendor interface files are conducted per plan and deferral schedules
- Partner with insurance providers, benefits brokers, legal advisors, and technical resources to ensure our benefits and retirement programs are effectively managed and in compliance with federal regulations, including HIPAA, IRS, DOL compliance, ERISA, ACA, and other laws or agreements governing employee and retirement benefit programs
- Prepare qualitative and quantitative benefit plan cost analysis to monitor current performance and support the development of cost-effective benefits programs.
- Provide recommendations for enhancements/changes to existing programs that are consistent with benefit objectives and strategies
- Drafting and review of technical benefit documents (e.g. SPDs, SMMs, SBCs) working with legal counsel as required on amendments to plan documents
- Collaborate with HR Business Partners and business leaders to communicate our benefits and retirement programs
- Assist employees regarding benefit claim issues and plan changes; respond to escalated benefit inquiries on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes, or other general inquiries
- Support annual audit procedures, compliance filings, discrimination testing, and timely funding requirements for retirement plans
Required Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- 7+ years of benefits administration experience, of which 4 or more were in a management position
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in Human Resources, Business, Finance, or other relevant fields
- Financially inclined and highly analytical with strong business acumen
- Acute problem-solving skills with demonstrated curiosity to understand the issue and develop creative solutions
- Experience in assessing and implementing new or updated standard operating policies and procedures
- Ability to organize and plan for annual cycle of events including management of time and resources of the department
- Ability to work within and across the organization to achieve objectives; counsel and coach managers on sensitive employee matters that require high emotional intelligence and ability to facilitate the balance of individual needs with business priorities
- Effectively communicate to end users and manage the impact of change to minimize disruption across the workforce
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Savvy understanding of compliance requirements: ERISA, FMLA, ADA, HIPAA, ACA, and other applicable regulatory requirements
- Adept at building relationships with internal teams and external partners
- Mastery level skills in Excel; Proficient level skills in MS Teams, Word, and PowerPoint
About INSPYR Solutions:
As a leading information technology partner, we connect top IT talent with our clients to provide innovative business solutions through our IT Staffing, Professional Services, and Infrastructure Solutions divisions. We understand and value the unique needs of highly-skilled information technology professionals in the industry and always strive to stay above the curve. Our company was founded on the following core values: Be the Best, Understand the Urgency, Never Ever Give Up, Have the Courage to Excel, and Make a Contribution. We take pride in our business model and strive to create a positive workplace environment through an exemplary culture.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.