Hybrid - Business Systems / Data / Analyst - Direct Placement - Job ID: 23-71949
Duration: Direct Hire
Location: Preferred Hybrid (3 days on-site) in Miami or St. Petersburg offices (may consider remote for right candidate)
Work Authorization: US Citizen or Green Card Holder
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement and enforce data governance policies, procedures, and best practices within the organization and data topology.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to establish data definitions, consistent data quality, data classification, data access controls, and data management processes.
- Create and maintain clear consistent metadata documentation and data element definitions, data lineage, data dictionaries, and data mapping for data consumers and stakeholders.
- Perform data profiling, data cleansing, and data validation activities.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and resolve data quality issues, inconsistencies, and discrepancies.
- Conduct training of data consumers and stakeholders on accessing data, data governance practices, data management, and data quality.
- Promote data governance principles and data stewardship across the organization.
- Collaborates and partners with the Business and the technical team to gather requirements, recommend data solutions, create data models, and build mockups.
- Analyzes data and information in support of continuous process improvement, monitoring, and automation projects.
- Analyzes complex data relationships, troubleshoots/resolves issues, and determines solutions that produce insights into business processes and performance.
- Manages critical situations which may involve complex technical data and/or software challenges.
- Maintains a high service-oriented attitude and takes ownership of issues/assigned projects.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with all levels of technical and non-technical associates in both oral and written forms.
- Works independently with little or no supervision and direction.
- Performs any other tasks required by IT Management for the successful delivery of IT services provided to our internal clients.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, data science, or related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in a Data Steward or equivalent data governance role.
- Experience with BI and data tools including Microsoft Azure Data Factory, Synapse, Power BI, and Data Warehouse concepts.
- Knowledge of Mortgage loan origination and processing a plus.
- Proven ability to analyze complex data, operational, and technical concepts.
- Both technical and business-oriented skills, including data modeling and SQL programming.
- Extensive knowledge of data structures and models, Power BI tabular models, and Power Query are required.
- Advanced experience in Excel and writing SQL queries to answer Business questions.
- Knowledge of mortgage or title business process, procedures, and regulations a plus.
- Adept at conducting research and discovery of data and metrics needs.
- Deep analytical, planning, and problem-solving skills are required.
- Experience creating pipelines, data flows, and complex data transformations and manipulations using Azure Data Factory (ADF) is helpful.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication, listening, presentation, and collaboration skills.
- Must possess leadership, strategic thinking, organizational, time management, and motivational skills.
- Can perform well with shifting priorities, demands, and timelines.
- Self-motivated team player with a strong work ethic.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.