Full Remote - Business Intelligence / Reporting - Direct Placement - Job ID: 23-71951
Title: Data Engineer
Location: Remote / Hybrid on-site if a local candidate
Duration: Direct Hire
Work Authorization: US Citizen or Green Card holder
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and optimize data models, warehouses, architectures, schemas, indexing, and partitioning strategies.
- Collaborate with BI and data analysts to understand data requirements and optimize storage for analytical queries.
- Modernize databases and data warehouses and prepare them for analysis, managing for optimal performance.
- Design, build, manage, and optimize enterprise data pipelines ensuring efficient data flow, data integrity, and data quality throughout the process.
- Automate efficient data acquisition, transformation, and integration from a variety of data sources including databases, APIs, message queues, data streams, etc.
- Competently performs advanced data tasks with minimal supervision, including architecting advanced data solutions, leading and coaching others, and effectively partnering with stakeholders.
- Interface with other technical and non-technical departments and outside vendors on assigned projects.
- Under the direction of the IT Management, will establish standards, policies and procedures pertaining to data governance, database/data warehouse management, metadata management, security, optimization, and utilization.
- Ensure data security and privacy by implementing access controls, encryption, and anonymization techniques as per data governance and compliance policies.
- Provide training and consulting to other associates on database structure and standards.
- Document data pipelines, processes, and architectural designs for future reference and knowledge sharing.
- Stay informed of latest trends and technologies in the data engineering field, and evaluate and adopt new tools, frameworks, and platforms (like Microsoft Fabric) to enhance data processing and storage capabilities.
- When necessary, implement and document schema modifications made to legacy production environment.
- Perform any other function required by IT Management for the successful operation of all IT and data services provided to our clients.
- Available nights and weekends as needed for system changes and rollouts.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, information systems, applied mathematics, or closely related field.
- Minimum of eight (8) years full time employment experience as a data engineer, data architect, or equivalent required.
- Knowledge of Mortgage and/or Title Industry is helpful.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.