Manager – Security Operations & Engineering
- Security - Direct Placement - Job ID: 23-71959
Location: Neenah, WI or Dallas, TX (must be able to work onsite 3-days/week)
Duration: Direct Hire
Compensation: $130,000 – $170,000 Base Salary + Bonus (15%) + Benefits
The role will lead the company as the focal point in information security architecture, operations, and engineering. The role will have technical and operational responsibilities across the enterprise as well as management of a dedicated team to include managed services. Regularly interacts with members of IT, Product, and Business teams.
• Responsible for establishing and managing the IT security architecture associated with Security Operations and Engineering. Includes technology outside the operational purview of the team.
• Key participant in establishing the overall information security strategy and responsible for the security operations strategy.
• Key participant in supporting the CISO in establishing the Enterprise Security Architecture.
• Work closely with other technology infrastructure, architects, develops and other development teams to ensure security controls and requirements are built into business solutions.
• Develop and measure security operations through established KPIs and KRIs rolling up to business risk metrics.
• Manage day to day operations including the triage of incidents escalated through the Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP).
• Support security leadership in establishing a baseline maturity level for the team and roadmap to continuously improve upon that maturity.
• Budget responsibility for Security Operations.
• Develop and maintain procedures and runbooks to support security operations and engineering.
• Participate as needed in presentations to leadership on various security related topics. Manage the technical implementation and maintenance of security products and tools.
• Manage and develop a team of engineers to reach a higher level of operational maturity
• Understanding the business and impact security operations and engineering has on business processes from a Risk perspective.
• Partake in off-hours support rotation.
• Strong cloud experience Azure, AWS, GCP
• Strong understanding of enterprise, network, system, and application-level security technologies
• Strong understanding and experience in securing hybrid, single or multi cloud environments, leveraging cloud native tools as well as other 3rd party tools to establish a layered security approach. Including container security, security micro services, etc.
• Experience working as a Manager or supervisor in Security Operations, engineering and/or Architecture role with direct reports
• Previously worked as an engineer/analyst responsible for implementing and optimizing security solutions
• Experience with establishing and reporting against operational metrics (KPIs/KRIs)
• Supervise the technical implementation and maintenance of security products and tools.
• Experience with all or a subset of technologies listed below: CISCO AMP, CISCO CES, CISCO Umbrella, CISCO DNA Center, CyberArk PAM, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft O365 DLP, Microsoft O365 E3 Security, Netskope CASB, Netskope Inline Protect, Netskope Web Gateway, Rapid 7 IDR, Rapid 7 Nexpose, Varonis DatAdvantage. General experience is acceptable (i.e. – experience with PAM, but not CyberArk)
• Partake in off-hours support as needed to respond to incidents
• Curious and enthusiastic about security
• Ability to assess rapidly changing technologies and apply them to business needs.
• Understanding of Cyber Security and IS practices and principles.
• Strong understanding of common technical, data, and security principles.
• Certifications: CISSP, CCSP, SSCP, CSSLP, CEH, GSEC, or equivalent.
Carries out leadership responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Bachelor s degree preferred.
• 7+ years of hands-on technical security experience.
• 1+ year of management experience.
• Expert level knowledge of various security tools operating in a cloud environment.
Recognized technology certificates that exhibit best practices across the Information Technology industry
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.