Network Engineer – Direct-Hire/FTE – Elk Grove/Sacramento, CA.
Elk Grove, CA
- Infrastructure / Network / Systems - Direct Placement - Job ID: 23-71961
INSPYR Solutions has a Network Engineer full-time/direct-hire role for our client in Sacramento CA area. This is an immediate need, to work M-F, with 3 days a week in the office. If you are qualified, please send your resume to Terence Sanchez TSanchez@inspyrsolutions.com
Title: Network Engineer
Location: Elk Grove/Sacramento, CA.
Compensation: $100-125K plus Annual Salary
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
Qualified candidates may send a copy of their resume (Word Format) to email@example.com
The Network Engineer position is a technical specialist role responsible for day-to-day operation as well as project management in support of the network infrastructure and associated services. The Network Engineer provides consultation for the design, development, and implementation of technical solutions within the company's telecommunications environment which includes network, telephony, and video communication environments. This role will assist with requirements gathering, designing, documenting, and providing hands-on implementation of new voice, edge, core, and access network infrastructure. This position requires specialized skills and knowledge of software and hardware networking solutions, a comprehensive understanding of the company's applications, unified communication system integration, and the ability to understand and anticipate business, customer, system, process, and project impacts.
Position Responsibilities – Other duties may be assigned:
- Configure, test, and install switches, firewalls, routers and gateways, and support network environments for video and audio-conferencing environments.
- Implement, maintain, and support telephony and contact center telecommunications environments and related systems and solutions.
- Perform routine systems tasks (upgrades, back-ups, etc.) and resolve assigned Help Desk tickets in a manner consistent with service level guidelines and customer service expectations.
- Interact with customers and establish customer relationships to gather and analyze customer needs, assess available resources and determine optimal solutions.
- Coordinate vendors, maintenance, and upgrades to minimize downtime and/or impact on end users.
- Work with remote and external vendors to configure, deploy, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot telecommunications network components.
- Assist with the design, development and implementation of data, voice, and video network services, that will be used to support the Enterprise and its satellites, coordinating with members of other enterprise functional teams to ensure departmental goals are supported.
- Monitor, analyze and correct system errors and initiate service calls as required.
- Proactively monitor and analyze system resources to ensure optimal performance, applying system level patches or upgrades as necessary and coordinating system backups to ensure accuracy and integrity.
- Administer user accounts and security access, providing documentation and training to users prior to implementation of new accounts and/or products, as necessary.
- Ensure all security and privacy guidelines are accurately implemented.
- Accurately document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Minimum of bachelor's degree in Network Administration, computer science, or software/computer engineering. Master's or doctoral degree a plus.
- Experience in a related field with real-world skills and testimonials from former employees
- 5-7+ years of experience of relevant network administration experience is a MUST
- 2 years of consulting experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of LAN/WAN technologies
- Strong knowledge of ITIL processes, incident, problem and change management
- Strong communication, presentation, & inter-personal skills
- Self-starter, results-oriented, & delivery-focused
- Highly Desirable: Strong knowledge of supporting network environments for VoIP solutions Cisco Contact Center & Genesys; knowledge of supporting network configurations to support Microsoft Teams voice and Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Highly Desirable: Fiber/SAN (Cisco, Brocade or similar) administration experience.
- Highly Desirable: Linux and/or Windows administration experience.
- CCNA preferred certification
About INSPYR Solutions:
As a leading information technology partner, we connect top IT talent with our clients to provide innovative business solutions through our IT Staffing, Professional Services, and Infrastructure Solutions divisions. We understand and value the unique needs of highly-skilled information technology professionals in the industry and always strive to stay above the curve. Our company was founded on the following core values: Be the Best, Understand the Urgency, Never Ever Give Up, Have the Courage to Excel, and Make a Contribution. We take pride in our business model and strive to create a positive workplace environment through an exemplary culture.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.