NY Metro, NY
Onsite - Cable / Fiber / AV Install Technician - Right to Hire - Job ID: 23-71972
Title: Field Operation Technician III
Location: NY Metro
Duration: 6-month contract to hire
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
As a full-time Field Operations Technician III, you will utilize your technical background to work on restoration activities, preventative maintenance, and installation. Your emphasis on building trust with clients and providing a best-in-class approach to customer service will be the foundation for success. You will perform installation, repair, configuration, and testing of moves, additions, changes, and disconnects (MACD) on various Nortel, Fujitsu, Alcatel, and similar products to support customer optical, electrical, voice and data services. Additionally, you will test circuits using optical time domain reflectometers (OTDR).
- Provide high-level customer service, ensuring that any escalations or concerns are addressed professionally
- Drive to and from customers' business locations in a defined geographic area performing installation and repair of internet, copper and fiber cabling, rack mounted routers, demarcation extensions, etc.
- Receive and complete work orders from a centralized dispatch center ensuring that routes are efficient, and that service is delivered in a timely manner
- Operate equipment and vehicle in a safe manner
- Interact with customers professionally and courteously to ensure that their work orders are completed as requested
- Troubleshoot technical issues such as installing cable runs, swapping out cards, installing data circuits for internet connections
- Trace and locate appropriate telecommunications links, which could involve working in confined spaces (attics and crawl spaces) and climbing ladders
- Ensure vehicle, test equipment, and tools are maintained in excellent condition
- 5 plus years of previous experience in telecommunications, business installation, and service for electronics and appliances, security, cabling
- Ability to test, measure and troubleshoot fiber optic networks
- Strong MS Office skills in Word & Excel
- A positive, "can-do attitude and customer-focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy, and sincerity
- Previous experience working in the field independently and thriving in a fast-paced environment; self-motivated and able to prioritize and organize workloads with little direction
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-Motivated and able to prioritize and organize workloads with little direction
About INSPYR Solutions:
As a leading information technology partner, we connect top IT talent with our clients to provide innovative business solutions through our IT Staffing, Professional Services, and Infrastructure Solutions divisions. We understand and value the unique needs of highly-skilled information technology professionals in the industry and always strive to stay above the curve. Our company was founded on the following core values: Be the Best, Understand the Urgency, Never Ever Give Up, Have the Courage to Excel, and Make a Contribution. We take pride in our business model and strive to create a positive workplace environment through an exemplary culture.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.