Financial Analyst II
Des Moines, IA
Onsite - Finance & Accounting - Direct Placement - Job ID: 23-72012
Location: Des Moines, IA Hybrid on site 1 day per week.
Compensation: $65K to $70K
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders
Qualified candidates may send a copy of their resume (Word Format) to Harold Miller at email@example.com
As a Financial Analyst, you will be responsible for completing and analyzing financial information in a timely, correct, and complete manner with a focus on management reporting as well as regulatory reporting. He/she/they/them will collaborate with colleagues in finance and other business leaders and members across the organization and, therefore; the role requires exceptional communication skills to effectively convey accounting and reporting matters.
Day to Day:
- Advise and support management on the preparation of internal management reports as well as the creation of new management reporting tools.
- Support the Accounting team ensuring compliance with Company policies, International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and U.S. GAAP and applicable federal reporting requirements.
- Responsible for assisting with the development, implementation, and documentation of accounting processes and procedures.
- Ensure that the financial results are presented accurately and timely; with corresponding analytics.
- Assist in monthly close process and post-close reporting.
- Handle special projects or reports as requested by management.
- Lead in researching and resolving discrepancies related to general ledger account reconciliations, and recommend and champion process changes to avoid on-going issues.
- Review accounting tasks with a continuous focus on improving processes and enhancing financial controls.
All members enjoy:
- Two working days per year volunteering for a local charity.
- Health and Wellness program including healthy food, free health checks, fun health & vitality activities.
- Flexible hours with possibility to work from home
- Career development opportunities: online learning, member development programs
Skillset / Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required in Finance or Accounting.
- 2-5 years' experience in finance, accounting, public accounting, or internal auditing.
- Strong financial system expertise, encompassing spreadsheet, queries, large volume data manipulation and reconciliation, and month-end accounting close processes.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills as well as strong attention to detail, organized, and time effective.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with team, among peers and business partners.
- Self-starter with the ability to work cohesively with team members.
- Advanced excel skills.
- Familiar with U.S. GAAP financial reporting.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation encouraged (not required).
- IFRS reporting experience.
- Knowledge and experience of the leasing industry.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.