OSP Fiber Splicers
Onsite - Cable / Fiber / Install Technician - Direct Placement - Job ID: 23-72015
Title: OSP Fiber Splicers
Duration: Direct Hire
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
OSP Fiber Splicers
We offer a wide range of services such as OSP and ISP construction, engineering, and fiber to the tower. We pride ourselves on being experts in telecommunication engineering and construction solutions.
What's in it for you?
- Great collaborative work environment
- Comprehensive benefits package
- 401(k) matching
- Paid Time Off
- Splicing Fiber Optic Cable
- Operating a bucket truck and following all safety and traffic regulations.
- Splicing fiber according to customer design.
- Testing and troubleshooting fiber continuity.
- Operating all types of fiber equipment including fusion splicer, fiber light identifier, and OTDR.
- Create asbuilt information/docs.
Education and Experience:
- 2-3 years' experience with fiber splicing preferred .
- Spectrum experience is a plus, but not required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to read prints and understand design
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Ability to operate the bucket
- Ability to operate hand and power tools
- Understanding of fiber optic networks
- Able to work from a bucket truck, ladder, and climbing gear
- Ability to read, comprehend and carry out instructions
- Effective listening, interacting, and writing skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to use office/excel, PDF.
- Ability to see color
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screening that includes background and drug testing
- Individuals must have a valid driver's license and driving record meeting the company policy conditions
- Must have the ability to stoop, crawl, bend at the knees and waist, squat and lift 50 lbs; includes body weight, equipment, tools, and boxes
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time on varied surfaces
- Position requires working outdoors in all types of weather
May be required to work long and unpredictable hours
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.