Boca Raton, FL
Onsite - Infrastructure / Network / Systems - - Job ID: 23-72029
Location: Boca Raton, FL – onsite
Duration: Direct Hire (perm)
Compensation: 110 – 130k
Full Job Description
- We are seeking a full-time Senior Broadcast Engineer to oversee Studio and Facilities for our Boca location.
- This Engineer will plan, design, and operate productions for our facilities.
- This position involves supervision of a year-round 24/7 Studio, Studios Control Rooms, postproduction, and news editing. Primary facility hours of operation 6am to 11pm
- The Senior Broadcast Engineer will oversee all aspects relating to managing the technical operation of the broadcast environment and facility
- The ideal candidate will have deep understanding of maintaining High-Definition broadcast standards and evolving broadcast technology in a dynamic environment.
- Oversee the planning, management, installation, and maintenance of our network's technical infrastructure including studios, transmission, digital production platforms and automated systems.
- Ability to deploy in the field to coordinate special events as it relates to production and transmission.
- Must possess in-depth knowledge of logistics and costs associated with procuring equipment and adherence to operating budgets.
- In conjunction with the VP of Broadcast Engineering, develop, manage, and adjust capital facilities planning to anticipate business needs.
- Assure 24-7 technical and operational integrity for the TV and digital operations with particular emphasis on error-free operations.
- Configure and troubleshoot a variety of broadcast/transmission issues.
- Perform routine and periodic maintenance on all systems.
- Develop in partnership with Operations, concise and practical SOP's to ensure consistency between productions.
5+ years of broadcast troubleshooting in a television network environment, preferably in a network News environment
- Experience with A/V routing, studio and control room technologies including (Cameras, LED displays, lenses, mics, IFB, PL, Intercom), editing, intercom, graphics, automation, robotics and audio.
- Performs well in a high pressure, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to perform daily responsibilities swiftly, accurately, and comprehensively.
- Expert contemporary knowledge in Broadcast, IT, Digital, and Automation Technologies, including Design, Integration, Maintenance, and Project Management.
- Extensive knowledge with Audio, Video and Data technologies.
- Familiarity with standing up Cloud environments and infrastructure with broadcast and production related services and systems; both standalone and hybrid with on premises infrastructure.
- Deep knowledge of SDI and IP technologies including NDI and Dante.
- Proven expertise with evaluating and recommending technology solutions.
- Proficient in Video and Audio Compression technology.
- Develop and implement standards and operational SOP's for operations.
- Mastery of project management disciplines and processes.
- Manage Engineering and Maintenance personnel.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with colleagues.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.