Service Desk Level 2
Onsite - Technical Support / Help Desk - Contract - Job ID: 23-72081
Job Title: Service Desk Technician, Level 2
Location: 100%, work from home
Job Type: Contract role, six to 12 months (40+ hours a week, M-F with occasional weekend work)
Pay Rate: between $32.00 to $40.00 hourly on w/2
- This position will utilize TeamViewer to deliver remote user support services and work with the Ivanti ticketing system to address Incidents/Service Requests.
- Teammates will answer technical support calls, work/prioritize tickets accordingly, and collaborate and work with other staff and vendor support resources to resolve issues.
- All candidates must be energetic and focused with a strong motivation to learn innovative technologies and processes.
- The Service Desk (Level 2) teammate should possess advanced technical acumen with the ability to quickly pick up new skills and knowledge (i.e. product and inner working of software and hardware).
- This position requires strong attention to detail, dedication, persistence, follow-up, effective utilization of provided resources and OBSESSIVE customer service.
- Ensure that architecture principles and technology standards are consistently applied and updated as appropriate.
- Collaborate with System Administrators:
- Confer with database programmers, analysts or other system administrators as needed Supporting Management with IT Requests:
- Assist with IT related requests and potential new implementations.
- Research IT Services/Vendors (as needed):
- Explore and evaluate new and existing services and vendors with management regarding cost containment.
- Maintain Business Software Applications:
- Install and monitor software updates.
- Test, validate and install operating system and application security/performance patches.
- Write/Review SOPs:
- Create SOPs for sharing with the team, as applicable
- Handle Alarm Response Raised by IT Monitoring Tools (as needed):
- Review possible additional devices/service into monitoring tool Address Escalations:
- Assist Level 1 Service Desk with issue resolution when they are unable to identify solutions Coach and Mentor Peers:
- Willing to teach, train and mentor Level 1 Service Desk team as they expand their careers
- On Call Schedule 1-2x a month
- Provide executive "white-glove level technical customer support (including senior management)
- Highly skilled in providing remote technical support to users with limited knowledge of technology
- 7+ years of helpdesk experience troubleshooting
- Windows Desktop OS (8,10)
- Windows Server (12+)
- Remote support
- Printer troubleshooting
- Remote drive
- End user application support
- MDM/Android & iOS mobile familiarity/Intune knowledge
- 1+ year experience SCCM/SCOM or other Enterprise Management platforms (Ex: Ivanti EPM/EM)
- Technical knowledge of Windows desktop & laptop hardware in a business environment
- Working understanding of computer networking o DNS, DHCP, FTP, ICMP, TCP/UDP
- 5+ years of Active Directory/DFS support
- 3+ years of Exchange and/or Office 365 support
- CompTIA A+ certification required
- Microsoft certifications (Server, desktop, back office)
- Software package deployments;
- create EPM, create Intune / update
- 2+ years of experience with patching desktops/laptops
- 2+ years of experience monitoring computer system backups and reviewing back-up reports
- Experience with building workflows in other ticket management tools Working understanding of ITIL fundamental
Our benefits package includes: (EXCLUDE on perm placements)
- Comprehensive medical benefits
- Competitive pay, 401(k)
- Retirement plan
- …and much more!
About INSPYR Solutions:
As a leading information technology partner, we connect top IT talent with our clients to provide innovative business solutions through our IT Staffing, Professional Services, and Infrastructure Solutions divisions. We understand and value the unique needs of highly-skilled information technology professionals in the industry and always strive to stay above the curve. Our company was founded on the following core values: Be the Best, Understand the Urgency, Never Ever Give Up, Have the Courage to Excel, and Make a Contribution. We take pride in our business model and strive to create a positive workplace environment through an exemplary culture.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.