Onsite - Infrastructure / Network / Systems - Direct Placement - Job ID: 23-72145
Location: Youngstown, OH (Onsite Daily)
Duration: Permanent, Direct-Hire
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US. No C2C
This position is onsite in Youngstown, OH. Only local candidates will be considered.
Qualified candidate should send their resume (Word format) to Nate Ackerman at email@example.com.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform LAN and WAN administrative functions
- Assist in the design and administration of multiple LAN's including design, wiring, switches, routers, firewalls, WiFi APs, and VoIP systems
- Troubleshoot and resolve LAN/WAN & WiFi performance, connectivity, and related network problems
- Assist in administration and monitoring WAN resources including VPN, firewall, proxy server, DMZ resources and routers
- Provide support for telephony, video conference and other technologies and assisting with technology development activities
- Coordinate and implement network software and hardware upgrades (Network Infrastructure hardware & software obsolescence)
- Assist in supporting an AD environment, internet, intranet, and other data communications systems
- Research and recommend network and data communications hardware and software
- Evaluate vendors, manage service providers and coordinate equipment installation, relocation and removal
Skills & Knowledge:
- Knowledge of Ethernet 802.3, and network protocols 802.1d, 802.11, 802.1q, 802.1x, with experience configuring & trouble shooting these on Cisco products.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, including packet-level analysis
- In-depth understanding of network security, Cisco Systems & Palo Alto
- Knowledge of SNMP, RADIUS, LDAP, ISE
- Good understanding of DNS and DHCP
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- 5-7 years of network engineering experience is required
- Associate degree from an accredited educational institution in computer information systems or a directly related field is required. Bachelors Degree in Information Systems is a plus
- 15 years of network engineering experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree
- CCNA certified, required
- CCNP/CCDP certification is a plus
- Experience with VoIP, QoS, IP telephony technologies, and softphone integrations ( MS Teams & Cisco Jabber)
- Experience with video conferencing
- Experience with Microsoft products including Windows Server (AD) & Office products
- Experience with the following technologies/platforms: Windows, LAN/WAN, system management tools (SolarWinds, Cisco DNA, Palo Alto Panorama)
About INSPYR Solutions:
As a leading information technology partner, we connect top IT talent with our clients to provide innovative business solutions through our IT Staffing, Professional Services, and Infrastructure Solutions divisions. We understand and value the unique needs of highly-skilled information technology professionals in the industry and always strive to stay above the curve. Our company was founded on the following core values: Be the Best, Understand the Urgency, Never Ever Give Up, Have the Courage to Excel, and Make a Contribution. We take pride in our business model and strive to create a positive workplace environment through an exemplary culture.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.