Senior Infrastructure Engineer 2
Los Angeles, CA
Onsite - Infrastructure / Network / Systems - Direct Placement - Job ID: 23-72369
Title: Sr. Infrastructure Engineer 2
Location: Los Angeles, CA 90094
Rate: $130,000-140,000/year W2
Duration: DIRECT HIRE
Work Requirements: US Citizen or GC Holder ONLY
Qualified candidate should send an updated resume to Cindy Tran at CPTran@inspyrsolutions.com
Senior technical contributor with expertise in multiple major areas of corporate infrastructure. The candidate is expected to understand all major aspects of the infrastructure sufficient to provide escalated support. This role will provide escalated support for various pieces of our infrastructure including but not limited to server hardware, operating systems, containerization, virtualization, databases, email, logging and monitoring.
Contributing to the development, and implementation of systems required for the operation of critical and enterprise infrastructure, the Infrastructure Engineer holds (and further develops) subject matter expertise in the appropriate technologies and can interact at a commensurate level with staff and stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Responsible for assigned infrastructure with respect to design, operations, support, and documentation.
- Responsible to complete medium size projects on time and scope.
- Evaluate the work of team members with respect to assigned Infrastructure or projects to ensure best practices are followed.
- Provide infrastructure architecture consulting on assigned projects.
- Development of infrastructure automation code and documentation.
- Provide continuous integration and delivery infrastructure support.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Expertise in highly available systems design.
- Experience with creating standards documents and governance practices.
- Business process design and implementation experience.
- Advanced Linux/Unix Infrastructure administration expertise.
- Development of infrastructure automation code, configurations, and documentation.
- Technical project management experience.
- Scripting expertise in Perl, Shell or Python.
- Advanced knowledge in Network Addressing, Internet Protocols, and DNS.
- Knowledge in network routing and switching design preferred.
- Expertise with Infrastructure administration best practices.
- Strong Windows and Active Directory Infrastructure administration skills.
- Advanced knowledge of relational databases.
- Network storage experience.
- Object storage experience.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred in a relevant field of study.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience.
- Prior experience working for an international organization, strongly preferred.
- Must have experience with open source software.
- Fluency, both written and spoken, in English is required.
- The client is a global organization that values diversity; preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated skills in additional languages besides English.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
- International travel may be required to support related meetings as requested for lengths of 7-10 days for each trip, approximately three times per year, likely on different continents.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally 10 % of the time, or as needed.
- Ability to travel without restrictions globally, frequently with limited notice is required.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.