Sr. Firmware Engineer
Sugar Land, TX
Hybrid - IT - IT - .NET / C# Development - Direct Placement - Job ID: 23-72804
Location: Sugar Land, TX 77478 (Hybrid: 3 days onsite / 2 days remote)
Duration: Direct Hire
Work Authorization: US Citizen or Green Card Holders
We are seeking an experienced firmware developer with the demonstrated technical expertise necessary for the design and development of a suite of engineering applications in instrumentation, measurement, and data management. This role calls for the ability to design, develop, test, and maintain product firmware and software.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Experience in the practical application of industrial engineering and technology to commercial product development and maintenance
- Overall ability to a rchitect, design, implement, test and maintain solutions for new and existing products
- Skilled in design including a thorough understanding of design patterns and embedded system design patterns
- Well-developed debugging and troubleshooting skills for full software product stacks
- Experience in current software development methodologies and processes like Agile
- Experience with multiple programming languages, tools and platforms including the following languages C, and C++, on Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS)
- Experience with C# is a plus
- Experience developing firmware on and for devices such as microprocessors, microcontrollers (MCUs), sensors, DAC, UARTs, etc.
- Experience with or understanding of physical layer, communication protocols, such as, I2C, SPI, USB, and GPIOs, serial communications RS-232, RS-485, etc.
- Experience implementing applications in firmware
- Experience with application layer, communication protocols, such as, Modbus, TCP/IP, UDP, OPC, CAN bus and related cabling and test tools
- Ability to direct and sustain strong delivery focus quickly and incrementally moving features, systems and architecture towards the desired target state
- Build and maintain relationships with business stakeholders necessary to effectively integrate, develop, sustain and deliver solutions
- Contribute to building a strong technical team and innovative culture
- Ability to work well both individually and within a team environment
- A Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Electrical, Computer, or Software Engineering; Computer Science; Mathematics; or a related discipline is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in software development required
- Minimum of 2 years of fully committed firmware-specific development required
- Having greater experience is highly valued
- Experience in the software industry and possessing quality certifications is a valuable advantage
About INSPYR Solutions
Technology is our focus and quality is our commitment. As a national expert in delivering flexible technology and talent solutions, we strategically align industry and technical expertise with our clients’ business objectives and cultural needs. Our solutions are tailored to each client and include a wide variety of professional services, project, and talent solutions. By always striving for excellence and focusing on the human aspect of our business, we work seamlessly with our talent and clients to match the right solutions to the right opportunities. Learn more about us at inspyrsolutions.com.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.