Onsite - IT - Quality Assurance / Testing - Contract - Job ID: 23-72836
Title: QA Engineer
Location: Austin, TX
Duration: Long-Term Contract
Work Requirements: US Citizen, Green Card Holder, or Authorized to Work in the US
As a Senior Test Lead / QA , you will be responsible for shaping the future by leading an R&D team in the domain of system software QA that support our nation’s infrastructure. These systems support connected devices and vehicles (e.g. traffic controllers, road side units, UPS, detectors, etc.) while supporting the complex decision-making tasks to control and optimize traffic in metropolitan areas.
You will lead a team that is dedicated to supporting these systems and bringing to market the most innovative and highest quality products. You will have the opportunity to build your experience in the ITS market, while developing leading edge solutions at the same time – while working to protect drivers, pedestrians, cyclists and improve travel times.
- Lead and develop the test team, ensuring timely and efficient delivery of test results
- Innovate testing methods and quality assurance procedures for embedded systems
- Develop and refine a test strategy based on the product roadmap and test goals
- Review customers' standards, specifications, additional documentation, and development specifications to determine the necessary testing requirements
- Develop and execute test plans, test cases, and test scenarios to fully exercise the capabilities of our systems and meet product quality targets
- Drive the planning, estimating, and executing of work packages within the framework of a modern iterative software development and testing process
- Develop KPIs and metrics to measure, track, and optimize test and team performance
- Develop and execute risk mitigation measures to counteract obstacles and delays
- Support the development of new automated test infrastructure to maximize the test coverage while optimizing the manual test effort where required
- Exhibit the personality of one who desires to lead in a dynamic AGILE team in a highly collaborative environment
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Demonstrable impact and contribution leading a test team
- Demonstrable background in test engineering
- Demonstrable understanding of C++, HTML, XML, and XSL technologies
- Demonstrable understanding of OOD (object-oriented design)
- BS/BA in a related discipline or advanced degree
- Typically, 2+ years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above
- Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable
- Strong analytical and abstract thinking skills
- Strong communication skills to function within an AGILE team setting, fostering collaboration with developers, testers, and stakeholders; engage communication with the customer to understand his needs and requirements
Preferred Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Extensive education background in SW/ HW development and embedded systems
- 2+ years in test lead role with demonstrable impact and contribution
- 5-8 years in experience with demonstrable impact and contribution
- 1-2 years in a SW/ HW development role (EE or CS)
- Experience in development or testing of embedded systems
- Experience developing automated test scenarios, using UFT or comparable tools
- Experience performing integration testing
- Strong problem solving skills and creative thinking abilities to overcome obstacles
- Strong attention to detail, proactively driving assignments and tracking tasks
- Ability to multitask and work both independently as well as with a team
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive medical benefits
- Competitive pay, 401(k)
- Retirement plan
- …and much more!
About INSPYR Solutions:
Technology is our focus and quality is our commitment. As a national expert in delivering flexible technology and talent solutions, we strategically align industry and technical expertise with our clients’ business objectives and cultural needs. Our solutions are tailored to each client and include a wide variety of professional services, project, and talent solutions. By always striving for excellence and focusing on the human aspect of our business, we work seamlessly with our talent and clients to match the right solutions to the right opportunities. Learn more about us at inspyrsolutions.com.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.