Software Engineer III
Los Angeles, CA
Full Remote - IT - Infrastructure / Network / Systems - Contract - Job ID: 23-72843
Title: Software Engineer (Java)
Location: REMOTE (Hours 9-6 or 10-7 PST)
Duration: 12 month Contract
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
Qualified candidate should send an updated resume to Cindy Tran at CPTran@inspyrsolutions.com
Software Engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas and also value the opportunity to work in many broader domains. Our engineers are player-focused and aim to find solutions that make players excited to experience our games. Principal Engineers here are often called on to help with the hardest problems on a project by using their expertise to find creative solutions and being hands-on in writing code.
Data as a Service (DaaS) organization in Data is an engineering team whose mission is to build solutions that equip team members with data technology that helps them to enhance the experience of players and team members. Our products range from globally deployed data pipelines that publish millions of events per second to serving live ML models that interface directly with our games. Our offerings drive the company's ability to quickly deploy data systems that interact with our players, people, teams, and organization.
We are looking for a natural leader who can inspire software and data engineers to create meaningful experiences that drive player engagement and excitement within the company ecosystem. You are an expert in defining domain architecture, technology strategy in alignment with enterprise architecture, business requirements and technology/product roadmaps. You will provide technical leadership, mentoring and governance to the engineering teams in the DaaS org.
- Set, lead, and contribute to technical vision and direction, using your expertise to guide tough technical decisions
- Lead and contribute to technical design and implementation of solutions to complex data problems – ranging from stream processing to live ML inference
- Drive collaboration and alignment with various internal stakeholders and teams
- Mentor and coach to lift the expertise of the engineering teams
- Promote adherence to engineering excellence including code maintainability, quality, monitoring, operational excellence, and documentation
- Constantly innovate to improve player experience and unlock the value of data
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of software development experience, with a focus on data/stream systems and live machine learning systems
- Experience developing large-scale, performant, distributed data solutions on cloud infrastructure (AWS preferred)
- Hands-on experience in complex system design, object-oriented system design, scale, performance tuning in Java or Go, and knowledge of Python.
- Deep hands-on experience in complex event driven architectures and stream processing in a variety of technologies, with a preference for Kafka
- Experience building test automation and CI/CD
- Exposure to MLOps platforms and solutions, especially in the realm of microservices
About INSPYR Solutions
Technology is our focus and quality is our commitment. As a national expert in delivering flexible technology and talent solutions, we strategically align industry and technical expertise with our clients’ business objectives and cultural needs. Our solutions are tailored to each client and include a wide variety of professional services, project, and talent solutions. By always striving for excellence and focusing on the human aspect of our business, we work seamlessly with our talent and clients to match the right solutions to the right opportunities. Learn more about us at inspyrsolutions.com.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.