Onsite - IT - Infrastructure / Network / Systems - Contract - Job ID: 23-72878
Title: Network Technician
Location: Richmond, VA
Duration: Long term contract with possible contract extension or hire
Compensation: Hourly position based upon experience & skill level ($25- $27/hour)
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
- Hourly position based upon experience & skill level
- Long term contract with possible contract extension or hire
- Location: Location: Onsite – Richmond, VA, 23228
- Standard work hours: Thursday – Monday 11 pm – 8 am
Client Addendum will need to be followed. Copy will be provided at the time of candidates offer.
- The patching cabling between network equipment and customer's network
- The installation of power cables from equipment to power supply in rack/cabinet/closet
- The installation, troubleshooting and de-installing network equipment
- Install/swap out devices (e.g., phone, computers, cables, boards, edge routers, switches and etc.)
- Install, troubleshoot, and de-install Network monitoring tools
- Complete all hard and complex Move, Add Change (MAC) requests within the defined service levels
- Act as interface between customer's associates and management
- Provide hardware break-fix services for network infrastructure
- Perform onsite call-through, data, voice, website and security testing
- Perform back-up testing to ensure all systems are connected to the customer's network as directed
- Support carrier testing of circuits
- Assist with facilities efforts
- Power and uninterruptable power supply (UPS) restoral
- Water problems,
- Emergency cooling restoration,
- Fire suppression exercises, restoration, and post fire events
- Support inventory management activities
- Receiving inventory
- Tagging of assets
- Tracking spares (crash kits)
- Ordering inventory
- Updating inventory records
- Prepare and return damaged equipment
- Act as an interface, as needed, between associates at the applicable location and centralized project / operations / MAC management
- Coordination services will be provided 24×7; Coordinate with and support other third party vendors (e.g., telecommunications, wiring, distributed antenna solutions, WAN/LAN management) in compliance with customer's requirements.
- Proven ability to install, terminate & test low voltage cables to include twisted pair cable, coax, power limited tray cable, stranded & solid conductor low voltage cable and fiber optic cable.
- Comprehension of terminology pertaining to installation & service of cabling infrastructure for telecom, data, security & wireless systems.
- Comprehension of publications pertaining to standard cabling for telecom, data, security & wireless systems practices, engineering & Federal, State & local safety standards.
- Requires experience in working in a data centers and communications closets
- Must be able to perform rack and stack activities
- Must be able to safely lift heavy objects
- Must understand cable patching processes and procedures
- Must have a basic knowledge of data communications networking.
- Knowledge of Cisco switches and routers
- Knowledge of local and wide area networking.
- Must be able to assist in troubleshooting issues
- Must understand network terminology
- Must be able to perform rack and stack activities
- Proven ability to pull, test, terminate, decomp, and trouble shoot copper cabling (CAT 5, CAT 5E, CAT 6)
- Must be willing to work shift work which includes nights and weekends.
- Prefer appropriate equipment and training with high speed fiber optic transport
- The ability to clean high speed single mode (SM) & multimode (MM) optical connections
- The ability to measure, transmit and receive on high speed optics
- The knowledge and experience to work safely with high speed single mode long range optical lasers
- Previous experience using a fluke tester
Experience and Education:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in data communications
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must have a basic knowledge of Cisco switches and routers
- Must have a basic knowledge of local and wide area networking
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive medical benefits
- Competitive pay, 401(k)
- Retirement plan
- …and much more!
About INSPYR Solutions:
As a leading information technology partner, we connect top IT talent with our clients to provide innovative business solutions through our IT Staffing, Professional Services, and Infrastructure Solutions divisions. We understand and value the unique needs of highly-skilled information technology professionals in the industry and always strive to stay above the curve. Our company was founded on the following core values: Be the Best, Understand the Urgency, Never Ever Give Up, Have the Courage to Excel, and Make a Contribution. We take pride in our business model and strive to create a positive workplace environment through an exemplary culture.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.