Senior Mac Tech Support Lead
Onsite - Infrastructure / Network / Systems - Contract - Job ID: 23-72950
Senior Mac Tech Lead
- Team leadership, mentoring, task management of a team of Desktop support techs, both Mac and Windows.
- Support for Mac and Windows workstations and laptops, including monitors, tablets, printers, peripherals, and applications.
- Computer and data security, including encryption and anti-virus updates.
- Installation image management, including pre- and post-imaging procedures.
- Workstation diagnostics and repair.
- Configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting printers and print clients.
- Maintaining inventories of software, hardware, peripherals, and printer toner.
- Configuring and troubleshooting user accounts including remote access.
- Training users in basic computer and applications use.
- Thorough record keeping and documentation as required.
- Patching network connections and digital telephones (from network switch to desktop).
- Other projects, and duties as may be required or assigned.
- United States citizenship is required
- Experience as a team lead over a tech support team
- Strong knowledge of Bomgar or equivalent tool for providing remote support is required.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds
- Per federal guidelines, you may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or willingness to obtain vaccination.
- Prefers four (4) or more years' experience in the role of an IT Desktop technician supporting a Mac environment.
- Prefers two (2) or more years' experience with MS Office 365 (Word/PowerPoint/Excel).
- Prefers three (3) years or more experience using ServiceNow incidents or equivalent platform.
- Apple Certified Associate certification is preferred.
- Automation of backups from Linux, Windows, Mac scientific machines and/or HPC cluster to NICHD enterprise storage.
- Command-line experience on Linux and/or Mac is desired.
- Familiarity with Conda and/or Brew package managers for Linux and/or Mac is a plus.
- High-performance computing and/or programming experience in R or Python is a plus.
Associates degree or equivalent experience
Must be a U.S. Citizen and able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.