Project Manager 4 / Business Analyst
Carson City, NV
- Business Systems / Data / Analyst - Contract - Job ID: 23-72955
Location: Carson City, NV. 95% Remote
Compensation: $60-64/hr W2
Duration: 1+ year contract
If interested please apply directly or email resume to Hneer@inspyrsolutions.com
About the role:
Start work early January 2024
1 year long, with possible extension.
90-95% remote work.
Client will NOT pay for travel to get to Carson City for the on site work
Most likely will need to be on site in Carson City, NV for the go-live.
Business Analysis work 70-80%
Project Management work 20-30%
About the Role:
Our Government clients department (Real Estate related) will be implementing an enterprise software solution that will support their core business functions. The new system must streamline their operations. In addition to the software, a vendor will also provide services to implement and maintain the system and provide training and ongoing support.
CLIENT is in the final stages of evaluating and selecting a software vendor. The new system will be a cloud-based (SaaS) solution. CLIENT will be migrating off their legacy system which is also cloud-based Commercial-off-the-Shelf system.
Needed: Project Manager/Business Analyst
Our CLIENT is looking for a Contract IT Project Manager/Business Analyst (PM/BA) to ensure the system the system is successfully implemented and to guide CLIENT staff to make a smooth transition to the new system.
The selected software vendor will have their own team and will provide project management and technical services to implement the new system. Their services will include: (1) validate requirements, (2) configure the system to meet CLIENT’s requirements; (3) migrate data from the legacy system to the new system; (4) provide training on the system; (5) manage the various environments (Dev/Test/Prod) and (6) cutover and operate/support the new system.
CLIENT will likely follow the software vendor’s implementation plan and methodology; however, we will make appropriate modifications to it to fit the Divisions needs and constraints. The contract PM/BA will also provide input to the plan and methodology.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
The contract Project Manager/Business Analyst will work on behalf of CLIENT’s best interest. This includes the following:
- Ensure the software contractor meets their contract obligations to CLIENT in terms of the quality of deliverables and timelines.
- Track and coordinate the resolution of issues and change orders.
- Coordinate CLIENT staff in executing their assigned project tasks to ensure they are completed on time (understanding CLIENT staff are ultimately responsible for scheduling time and completing the work). Note: The CLIENT staff are very busy with the day-to-day operation of the agency. In addition, CLIENT has unfilled positions. The contractor will need to be adept at working with the staff in an efficient manner to maintain business continuity while keeping the project on track.
- Ensure CLIENT requirements are properly addressed in the new system. This includes key business functions and reports.
- Guide CLIENT in the development of test cases (ensuring they cover end-to-end testing of core business processes) and oversee User Acceptance Testing.
- Coordinate data migration mapping and validation with the CLIENT team members and software vendor.
- Ensure appropriate documentation and training is completed by the vendor to ensure CLIENT staff can effectively use the system.
- Coordinate and facilitate the update of procedures related to the use of the new system.
- Prepare brief biweekly reports, which includes log of the consultants’ activities and associated hours, accomplished tasks, issues/concerns, and recommendations. It will also include plans for the next reporting period.
- Facilitate change management so the staff make a smooth transition to the new system with minimum impact to business continuity and service levels.
Project Execution & Expectations:
- CLIENT understands the contractor will need reasonable time (billable) to get up to speed on the project and CLIENT’s operation. This may involve reviewing available artifacts and interviewing staff.
- The contractor will update requirements and process flow documentation (including recommended process modifications) to have appropriate details for the software vendor to configure their system. The outputs of this task will also be tied to UAT and user documentation.
- CLIENT understands the contractor’s role is not to do all the assigned work of the CLIENT team, but to coordinate/facilitate the completion of assignments, and help ensure quality, completeness, and timeliness.
- The project workload can vary from week-to-week depending on project tasks/work products and staff availability. There is flexibility for the contractor to vary their workweek to align to the requirements of the project. CLIENT and the contractor will work together to establish a mutually agreed upon schedule.
- Billing will be based on actual hours worked.
- The contractor and CLIENT will need to proactively communicate on a regular basis.
- CLIENT understands that CLIENT staff and other state staff must be available to work on the project and complete their assigned tasks on a timely basis.
Experience and Skills Required
Ability to Learn the Government Client's Business Processes and Requirements
Project Management experience
Guide Test Case Development
Oversee User Acceptance Testing
Business Process Re-engineering
Documentation of AS TO BE
PMP Certification is Desired
Government work experience preferred
Government Real Estate work experience preferred
• Experience implementing software systems in a government agency. The person will need to be able to create project deliverables, not just the standard project management tasks (schedule, resource planning, etc.).
• Experience implementing government regulatory software (desired).
• IT Project management experience.
• Knowledgeable of project methodologies (e.g., agile, waterfall, etc.).
• Business process re-engineering to increase efficiency and reduce timeframes for completing tasks. This includes documenting as-is and to-be business processes.
• Experience documenting and validating requirements, documenting process workflows data migration (strategy, mapping, and validation), user acceptance testing, change management.
• Project Management Professional certification (PMP) is desired.
The contract PM/BA will need to be flexible and able to adapt to the needs of the project. The approximate split of time for the contractor is:
- Project management activities: 20-30%
- Business Analyst (deliverable focus): 70-80%
The contractor can work remotely if they are physically located in the United States and the can work during normal business hours in the Pacific Time Zone. The contractor will also need to interact using Microsoft Teams.
Contractor (or employer of contractor) to provide the required laptop.
We anticipate software vendor will formally kick off the project in February 2024 timeframe. We would like the contract PM/BA to start in January 2024. We expect the contract PM/BA will start out learning NRED’s business process and requirements during the month of January, then focus on being a key part of the project team.
We expect this to be a one-year contract go through January 2025 with the potential to extend if needed.
Must be able to pass the client’s criminal background check before starting work.
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive medical benefits
- Competitive pay, 401(k)
- Retirement plan
- and much more!
About INSPYR Solutions:
As a leading information technology partner, we connect top IT talent with our clients to provide innovative business solutions through our IT Staffing, Professional Services, and Infrastructure Solutions divisions. We understand and value the unique needs of highly-skilled information technology professionals in the industry and always strive to stay above the curve. Our company was founded on the following core values: Be the Best, Understand the Urgency, Never Ever Give Up, Have the Courage to Excel, and Make a Contribution. We take pride in our business model and strive to create a positive workplace environment through an exemplary culture.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.