Senior Firmware Advisor, Software Development
- IT - Development / Other Technologies - Direct Placement - Job ID: 23-72977
Firmware – Senior Software Development Advisor
Hybrid onsite : Lehi, Utah
Direct Hire/Full time
$130,000 – $140,000 + bonus
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the U.S.
Work with the Mechanical, Electrical, teams to develop firmware for new and existing products. Work with the software engineering teams to integrate products into our Cloud Applications while making sure products are secure and easy to use.
- Do you thrive on building innovative hardware solutions that empower an IOT solution? Want to build those at a scale larger than you've ever thought possible?
- If you are fueled by the challenges of deep diving into IOT applications spanning diverse technology stack, then this is the place for you. You will be excited to think innovatively for our scalability and latency needs, from embedded hardware, mobile and browsers to systems and storage and you'll get a chance to work with the latest cloud technologies.
- As a Senior Advisor working on Firmware, you'll work closely with the development teams and will be expected to provide input into the architecture and scalability of various components. The engineer will focus on developing and supporting IOT devices, using wireless networking, custom hardware and cloud technologies in a multi-tier and massively parallel infrastructure. The Senior Advisor will design and develop firmware for new and existing products that will be integrated and supported throughout the engineering team and across the industry.
- Lead firmware engineering deliverables, planning, strategy, rollouts, team and other activities
- Implements technical roadmap of the group and ensures defect free delivery during transformations.
- Drives adoption of automation, drives security posture, performance standards, design principles to ensure zero-defect delivery.
- Designs and Drives quality and productivity improvement initiatives for the team.
- Work closely with the Hardware team to develop firmware for new hardware products.
- Play an active role in the designing of new products, to lessen the amount of work required in firmware.
- Understand and implement the best architectural practices.
- Minimize current consumption of all products through hardware and firmware changes.
- Develop firmware that communicates over BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) and other mesh technologies.
- Develop firmware for Embedded Linux applications.
- Develop over-the-air firmware updates and supervise roll out.
- Maintain product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field or equivalent experience
- 12+ years of experience in embedded SW development.
- Previous work with embedded platforms; ARM, STM, NRF platforms preferred.
- 12+ years of experience with C, C++, Python, Java
- Strong analytical skills and ability to collect information and identify fundamental patterns/trends in data. This includes the ability to gather, integrate, and interpret information from several sources.
About INSPYR Solutions
Technology is our focus and quality is our commitment. As a national expert in delivering flexible technology and talent solutions, we strategically align industry and technical expertise with our clients’ business objectives and cultural needs. Our solutions are tailored to each client and include a wide variety of professional services, project, and talent solutions. By always striving for excellence and focusing on the human aspect of our business, we work seamlessly with our talent and clients to match the right solutions to the right opportunities. Learn more about us at inspyrsolutions.com.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.