Sr Manager – Tech Operations
- Infrastructure / Network / Systems - Direct Placement - Job ID: 23-73014
Position: Sr. Manager- Technical Operations
Location: Hybrid Remote – Milwaukee, WI
Position Type: Direct Hire
Salary: $140,000 – $160,000
As an enabler of the business, the Senior Manager of Technical Operations will play a critical role in overseeing and optimizing our technical infrastructure, ensuring the smooth functioning of our operations, and driving continuous improvement. You will lead a team of talented professionals, manage key projects and roadmaps, and collaborate with cross-functional teams to achieve operational excellence. This role will be responsible for the architecture and support of the company's Cloud and on-premise infrastructures. This includes networking, telecommunications, servers, virtual machines, storage, personal computing, helpdesk, security, data center and cloud hosting environments (e.g., Azure). This role is also responsible for the DevOps/DevSecOps process and resources. This position will manage a team of 3-4 direct resources and report to the Sr. Director of Technology Strategy and Operations. This Manager may be hands-on when required.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive operations strategy aligned with company's business objectives.
- Continuously evaluate, assess, and improve infrastructure solutions to enhance operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Oversee the management and maintenance of all technical infrastructure including networks, physical server, virtual server, printer, storage, security, databases, telecommunications, personal devices, and other physical infrastructure hosted in on- premises data center and in the cloud (e.g., Azure). This includes phone systems, LAN/WAN network, circuits, routers. switches, firewalls, wireless access points and VPN solutions.
- Manage the development and maintenance of backup solutions incorporating them into disaster recovery solutions.
- Be responsible for the development of DevSecOps processes, methodologies, and enabling technology management (e.g., Azure DevOps). This includes repo and pipeline management using the latest code management/migration techniques for automation, optimization, server-less and infrastructure as code.
- Manage vendor relationships, contracts, expenses, and service level agreements (SLAs).
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure their architecture requirements are understood and rapid deployment is achieved for infrastructure services.
- Build and lead a team of operations managers, architects, DevOps engineers, and specialists.
- Provide mentorship, guidance, and professional development opportunities to team members.
- Document infrastructure environments, CMDB inventories, and changes management processes.
- Develops policies, baselines and roadmaps while ensuring the adherence to these standard compliance frameworks.
- Monitor and resolve infrastructure environments for uptime, performance, and SLA/OLA metrics.
- Manage help desk capabilities related to the infrastructure domains listed above.
What We're Looking For:
- 12+ years of experience with the implementation and operational support of cloud, personal computing, data center, telecommunication, network, help desk, security and DevSecOps environments. At least 4 years in management-role.
- Degree in computer science, information systems, or related field is desired.
- Experience in small / mid-size organizations, but also possess and understanding of large company approaches, processes, and solutions.
- Demonstrated areas under key responsibilities and personal characteristics sections.
- Strong analytical and complex problem-solving skills in the infrastructure, security, and DevSecOps domains.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate complex concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Motivated, self-starter who acts with a sense of urgency, persistence, take-charge attitude, and minimal guidance.
- Able to engage others to understand business strategy, articulate options, evaluate tradeoffs and present recommendations.
- Strong desire to enable the business, reduce on-premise data center risk/costs, and innovate with the latest cost-effective
Benefits package includes:
We recognize the importance of supporting our employees at work and in their lives and are proud to offer the following benefits:
- 401(k) with matching program
- Health insurance
- Flexible health spending account
- Dental & vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Paid time off, plus 12 company holidays
- Paid sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Casual dress code
About INSPYR Solutions
As a leading technology solutions company, we connect top IT talent with clients to provide innovative business solutions through our IT Staffing, Professional Services, and Infrastructure Solutions divisions. There are four elements that set us apart and serve as pillars of our company philosophy: Quality, Expertise, People, and Relationships. By always striving for excellence in these areas and focusing on the human aspect of our business, we work seamlessly together with our talent and clients to match the right solutions to the right opportunities. Learn more about us at inspyrsolutions.com.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.