Business Analyst 2
Carson City, NV
Onsite - IT - IT - Business Systems / Data / Analyst - Contract - Job ID: 23-73030
Title: Business Analyst 2
Location: Carson City 100% on-site work required
Duration: 7+ month contract. Likely extension.
Work Requirement: US Citizen, GC Holder or Authorized to work in the US
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our Government client is looking for a skilled Business Process Analyst to create technical documents like standard operating procedures, business process flows, instruction manuals, how-to guides, journal articles, test cases, and other supporting documents to effectively communicate complex and technical information in a “plain-language” style. The successful candidate will also serve as a lead for Subject Matter Experts within a specific area and other Business Analysts for specific tasks. This is in preparation for and conjunction with the Department’s modernization efforts regarding the Unified Tax System which will be replaced through the next three years. The successful candidate will ensure that all documentation is created in the Department’s standards and accurately depicts the information the teams currently follow and the transition to the new modernized processes. The successful Business Process Analyst must have great enthusiasm, strong leadership ability, excellent communication skills, be proficient in reading and writing, and be able to use the tools to create the needed business documentation and tracking.
The BPA III will apply knowledge of Taxation’s program areas to help define and implement a solution to a given problem that requires an individually tailored response for end-user requirements under the guidance of the Business/Functional Lead, Technical Lead, and Project Managers. This Business Analyst will be the lead for the Administration Division’s transition to MYNT with an emphasis on Distributions. This position will be responsible for technical writing and review of processes for multiple business lines within the Department, content management for the Project SharePoint site, and providing guidance to other contract staff. The BPA will document the processes for both business and technical within the department. Additionally, the BPA will help write the test cases for the team and work with the Quality Analyst in support of the Test Plan.
- Business Process Diagrams and Flow Charts
- Evaluating the documentation created for a UTS Modernization project and rebranding relevant documentation for Project MYNT using a team branding template.
- Understanding the Functional and Technical Requirements for the project
- Understanding the AS-IS business platform and the processes that support the systems within the Department of Taxation.
- Understanding the TO-BE business platform and assisting with development of the new processes.
- Documenting the transition from the AS-IS processes to the TO-BE processes in “plain-language.”
- Supporting preparations for modernization and each phase of implementation.
- Organizing and attending various Department meetings
- Review and preparation of content for internal publication and distribution
- Prepare the Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) with other BPA staff
- Write test cases that map back to the RTM
- Conduct discovery meetings with Departmental staff
- Assist MYNT Team members document processes and procedures
- Help manage the Standard Operating Procedures for MYNT of Taxation’s processes
- Content management and posting for the Team’s SharePoint site
TASKS/DELIVERABLES for the Modernization Project:
- Standard Operating Procedures for the Modernization Project (MYNT – Modernize Your Nevada Tax)
- Process Maps of current and future (AS-IS/TO-BE) processes
- Business Requirements
- Requirements Matrices
- Use Cases & Use Case Mapping
- Testing Outlines & Test Cases
- SharePoint Content Management
- Training materials for transition from AS-IS processes to the TO-BE processes
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office including Outlook.
- Advanced skills in MS Visio and Powerpoint.
- Excellent knowledge of SharePoint including uploading content.
- Proficient in reading, writing, and proof-reading.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Creativity, team player, and customer-oriented mindset.
- Agreement to follow IRS Pub 1075 Requirements.
- Agreement to State background check.
- Percentage of Time Worked On-site/Off-site-100% onsite
- Required Travel/Expenses-N/A
- Type of Interview-Teams panel interview
- Selected candidate must be able to pass criminal background check before starting work
Our benefits package includes:(EXCLUDE on perm placements)
- Comprehensive medical benefits
- Competitive pay, 401(k)
- Retirement plan
- and much more!
About INSPYR Solutions
Technology is our focus and quality is our commitment. As a national expert in delivering flexible technology and talent solutions, we strategically align industry and technical expertise with our clients’ business objectives and cultural needs. Our solutions are tailored to each client and include a wide variety of professional services, project, and talent solutions. By always striving for excellence and focusing on the human aspect of our business, we work seamlessly with our talent and clients to match the right solutions to the right opportunities. Learn more about us at inspyrsolutions.com.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.