Sr. Software Engineer
Full Remote - IT - Development / Other Technologies - Contract - Job ID: 23-73044
Location: Columbia, MD
Duration: 6 Months
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
Performs complex analysis, design, development, testing, and debugging of computer software ranging from operating system architecture integration and software design to selection of computer systems, language, and/or equipment. Designs, develops/codes, tests, and documents critical and complex application programs for computer systems. Works with appropriate stakeholders to define system scope and objectives and establish baselines. Establishes project standards and processes. Breaks down software requirements and creates highly complex systems.
- Perform technical detail design, coding, testing of applications. Serves as subject matter expert for both customer and internal discussions related to maintaining and enhancing existing software systems. Develop and/or analyze interface design documentation. Comply with hardware and software systems standards and procedures. Deliver large systems for tens of thousands of users. Comply with code quality, migration and dev/ops standards and policies
- Performs software analysis, including requirements and uses case development and design. Implements and documents source code to design specifications. Performs software testing including developing and running automated unit tests, drafting, and executing structured automated test cases. Compile, assess, and report data results from software testing and analysis.
- Develops software solutions for enterprise environments and other technologies. Analyzes and implements functional and non-functional (e.g. performance, availability) requirements and designs, implements, and tests software. Performs operations & maintenance (O&M) of existing systems. Identifies areas for improvement and streamlining. Demonstrated experience with front-end and back-end programing and integration frameworks and tools. Assist in the estimation of development of application features
- Provides direct technical support for high level, high visibility and critical trouble calls for supported applications. Works with cross functional teams to develop highly reliable software that runs at scale. Provides recommendations to infuse new technology. Extend open-source libraries and systems as necessary to meet the needs of the team. Play a crucial role in product scoping and roadmap / architecture discussions. Continually evaluate emerging technologies to identify opportunities, trends, and best practices. Mentoring of junior software engineers
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
- Education Details: Information Technology or Computer Science
- Experience: 5 years experience with software development, basic coding and compilation, software architecture/design, user requirements definition and software specification development.
In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, an additional 4 years of relevant work experience is required in addition to the required work experience.
- Ability to communicate technical requirements to all levels of expertise., Advanced
- Proficient in establishing and maintaining good working relationships., Advanced
- Knowledge and understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC)., Advanced
- Proficient with integrating complex and/or existing systems., Advanced
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal., Advanced
- Knowledge of cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, Azure), Proficient
- Knowledge of database technologies (e.g. cloud, SQL, Oracle, Mongo DB, PostgreSQL, etc.), Advanced
- Fundamental knowledge of software engineers' best practices, agile methodologies, CI/CD pipelines, Advanced
- Knowledge of test-first practices including Test-Driven Development (TDD) for unit tests and Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) for automated acceptance tests, Advanced
- Strong experience with Deployment/Continuous Integration/ Continuous Testing/ Continuous Delivery processes and tools and have expertise in CI/CD tools and framework, Advanced
- Knowledge of Code quality and promotion practices, Advanced
As a leading information technology partner, we connect top IT talent with our clients to provide innovative business solutions through our IT Staffing, Professional Services, and Infrastructure Solutions divisions. We understand and value the unique needs of highly skilled information technology professionals in the industry and always strive to stay above the curve. Our company was founded on the following core values: Be the Best, Understand the Urgency, Never Ever Give Up, Have the Courage to Excel, and Make a Contribution. We take pride in our business model and strive to create a positive workplace environment through an exemplary culture.
INSPYR Solutions provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INSPYR complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP.